10 Months

Nurse P.O.V
I watch the young girl stir in her sleep. She doesn't look peaceful but she never does. As if on a schedule she screamed and tears slip down her pale face.
Dr. Hartkin rushes in with a needle filled with clear fluid.
The girl continues to thrash in her sleep as the doctor grabs her bruised arm. She stabs the needle into Ms. Hartnett's vein.
She almost instantly stops trashing like every night.
I take pity on the poor girl. Her own family sold her out, and now there's a chance she'll have to stay in here. Permanently.

                       Indigo's P.O.V
I open my eyes to be blinded by the artificial lighting in my room. I feel a pain in my elbow and look down.
It's bruised and an I.V is pumping drugs into me. I pull it out,hoping to get rid of the numbness that fills me up.
They took me off all my meds. I'm me again, except I don't feel anything but numbness. These doctors are stupid though. They don't realize that this clear liquid that flows through my veins can't stop me from having an episode.
I'm cold. They keep it freezing in here. I walk over to my duffel bag and pull out my brother Kevin's sweatshirt.
It's simply black and reaches to the middle of my thigh.
Then I grab my skeleton knee socks and pull them on. I could put on sweatpants but I like to feel the cold. I can feel that.
A nurse walks in to find me out of my bed. She sighs ,walks over to me,and sits me on my bed.
My hair is yanked back by a tough brush. I grunt and roll my eyes. The nurse continues to brush my un-tamed mane and attempts to make small talk.
"How did you sleep Ms.Hartnett?" She asked quietly like she did every morning.
I said nothing just like I did every time I was stuck in this hellhole.
She tries again.
"Doesn't your boyfriend want to visit you?"
I roll my eyes.
"I like the color of your hair" She murmurs.

(A/N this is probably what Indigo is going to look like

(A/N this is probably what Indigo is going to look like. I want her hair to be blue or purple so later i might change it. i'll show a picture of Jazlyn at the end)
'She talks a lot' He said
'Shut up' I said back
  "Breakfast is ready. Just come down and get it" Said the nurse before she left the room.
Yeah right like I was going to eat. I already hate eating and the greasy food here will probably just fuel the hatred.
I slowly walked over to my bag. I would be in here for a while so why would I have to go fast?
I un-zipped it and peered inside. There was clothing of course, a neck pillow, a small teddy bear, and my notebook!
I yanked the book out and quickly ran to my bed. It was locked. Thank the gods they hadn't found the key and that I had the spare. I pulled my long necklace out from under my sweatshirt and carefully unlocked the book.
These were my thoughts and my poems. They weren't for anyone else's eyes. Except 'Him'.
I looked over the pages turning them over carefully. I didn't want to rip them. They were important. I continued turning and readjusted myself so I was laying down.
Suddenly a flash of red fell from the book and onto the floor. I peered over the bed so see a small pocket knife. MY small red pocket knife..
I heard the sound of my doctors voice so I swiftly picked up the knife and stuck it my pocket.
I looked up as the door opened.
"Hello Ms. Hartnett. How are you?" Dr. Hartkin asked.
Of course I said nothing.
"Ms. Hartnett if you refuse to speak you'll be in here longer than you have too. It's been 5 days, it's okay now." She stated in a annoyed tone.
Again, I said nothing.
"You're father is here to visit. Would you like to see him?" A nurse offered.
I shook my head.
She frowned.
"Why do you only let your brother visit
you Ms. ?" Dr. Hartkin questioned pulling a pen out in case I said something.
After getting no response she left the nurses bustling after her.
I grabbed my favorite novel (Thanks Kevin!) off the bedside table and setting down to read for the day.
              <Time Skip Magic>
I am crying. I deserve it. I'm worthless. No one loves me. I'm a waste of fucking space. ' No one would care if I died, would they?' I asked him wanting truthful answers. 'No one would care. No one would miss you. Jazlyn would laugh. She doesn't love you. She takes pity on you.' He taunted.
I know i'm having an episode but it doesn't matter.
I pull out my small pocket knife, grinning like a mad man. I have never cut my arms. It's always been my legs. Hey, that's what started all this!
10 months clean down the drain.
I cut my legs because it wasn't noticeable but now I didn't care if someone noticed by the time they did I would be dead.
I start at my elbow under my bruise. I slice slowly wanting to feel like vein break. I repeat the action all the way down to my wrist. I smile and slice it deeper than the rest. They are all VERY deep already.
The blood trickled down my hands onto the white floor. I smile evilly. This is it. I am done...Goodbye world that didn't care about me..
                     Nurse P.O.V
(Also a time skip)
I walk down the long hallway of the asylum. Turning down a different hallways leads to Indigo Hartnett's room. I sigh. This girl is surprising. And a challenge. That's why I enjoy working with her.
I see Dr. Hartkin filling a needle with the clear fluid just a couple rooms over. I approach Indigo's door.
I don't hear music playing. Which is very odd. She always plays music before she goes to sleep and I always have to turn it off in the morning.
I open the door to the dark room. Maybe the batteries ran out.
I turn on the lamp that sits by the door like I do every morning to find something more like someone very out of place.
I gasp, fall to my knees and pull the young girl into my lap. Her left arm is covered in cuts and blood. How did she do this?!
"DOCTOR!!! I NEED A DOCTOR!" I yell, checking Indigo's pulse. It's faint but it's there and that's what matters.
Dr.Hartkin runs in needle in hand but drops in when she sees Indigo. She nods and runs out of the room yelling things to other doctors and nurses.
Soon a team of doctors have Indigo on a stretcher and are leading her out into the hallway.
How did this happen? Such a young girl doesn't deserve all these problems.
"Hey aren't you Indie's nurse? I'm Kevin one of her brothers. The lady at the front let me in." Says a deep voice from behind me. I turn slowly to see a tall handsome man maybe in his twenties.
He sees the blood covering my scrubs and his face falls.
"I'm sorry." That's all I could say.
He broke down after I said that and left saying something about needing to tell his other brothers.
I feel horrible. Why would she do that to herself? I guess I just don't understand crazy people.
                     A/N
IM SORRY. IT HAD TO BE DONE. I had a dream that I met Josh Dun and I got to hug him. I cried. Anyway this is a picture of Jazlyn.

This whole story is a triggering thing

This whole story is a triggering thing. There was a warning