Chapter 1 - "Just a Dream"

I was walking through the woods, but the woods looked.....Different; they had a dark powder or something on them. I checked to see if I had a weapon, I didn't. Nor did I have my Shield, I knew that if a monster popped out I'll be defenseless. I was thinking to turn back where everything looked normal, but I had this strange urge to keep going. I trekked deeper into the empty, but hollow, woods. I was walking for what felt like hours until a shrine came into view. On top of the shrine was a person on; what looked like a big bird. The person looked at me, I stared back not moving a muscle. Hoping that the person was friendly, then I noticed something that would give me nightmares for a week; The person wasn't really a person, it was just a shadowy version of me! The Shadow version of me slowly said "Your...time....has...co-"

"Link, wake up!" My sister, Aryll, said as I slowly opened my eyes to look at her. "You must of had a bad dream, 'cause you with tossing and shaking the beds like something was about to happen." Aryll said with a worried face. "Just a weird dream, nothing too serious."I said rubbing the back of my head "Oh, then why were you, you know, tossing and turning?" Aryll said with a worried face. I didn't know what to say, when our Grandma called us for Lunch; "Come on young 'uns, time for your favorite soup!" Grandma said waving for us too go to the kitchen table. "K, Grandma!" Aryll said climbing down the ladder and practically running to the table. "What did I say about running Aryll?" Grandma said holding the serving spoon in her hands. "Sorry, Grandma." Aryll said sitting down slowly. "It's okay my dear, this is your favorite soup after all, so I'll let you slide on this one." Grandma said serving the infamous soup to Aryll. I chucked softly while I climbed down the ladder to my bed. "You slept for a long time Link, as usual" Grandma said fixing a bowl of soup for me. "Link, tell me another one of your Adventure stories!" Aryll said leaning towards me while eating her soup in one quick motion. "Again?" I said raising my eyebrows, while receiving my bowl of soup.

"Yeah! Why, you don't want to tell us a story?" Aryll said doing her 'sad' face, chuckling, I replied "No, Which one do you want me to tell?". "The one about that one place when you got that Bow" Aryll said pausing before chowing upon the delicious soup "You sure about this one?" "Yeah!" Aryll said, finishing her soup. "Well, I was-" I began being interrupted by some very loud knocking. "Coming!" Grandma said making her way to the door "Aww," Aryll mumbled getting up for a second helping of soup. "And it is one of my favorites" She added. I looked to see who are visitor was; Zill, a little boy by the age of 6. "Hello Link's Grandma, oh, hi Link!" Zill said waving his tiny hands in the air like a little fly swatter." Hello dear, what brings you here at this moment?" Grandma asked looking down at the tiny boy. "Oh! Somedody wants you at the dock..." Zill said before adding "he said his name was lions? King of lions? I didn't understand his name," Zill said turning around adding "Anyways whens Aryll and Link ganna come out to play? See ya!" Zill said running off. "Well it seems I'm needed, you'll know where to find me young'uns if you need me," Grandma said before exiting the house. "Oh, and Link," Grandma said opening the door again "Don't forget about that" She added winking, then closed the door

"Right," I said turning around to see Aryll get a THIRD helping of soup."Aryll... I got to tell you something" I said walking over to her. "What?" Aryll said turning around to look at me. "Aryll... Happy birthday!!" I said giving her a big hug. "I thought that you and Grandma forgot my birthday" Aryll said with a surprised look on her face. "Why would me and Grandma forget your birthday?" I asked walking to my bunk. "Well, you been busy giving me sword lessons and you know, stuff" Aryll said with mixed emotions showing on her face. "Well," I started ducking behind my bed grabbing one of the items that I used during my quest a couple months ago. "here you go" I said giving Aryll my hookshot (Again for the sake of it, One of my MANY Items that I got (and used) during my quest). Aryll took the hookshot from my hands and, well, stared at it. "What does it do?" Aryll said looking up to look at me with a confused look". "Well, you're gonna find out now" I said urging Aryll to follow me out the door. Aryll followed suit and followed me to and out of the door. "Where are we going? The Training Plantation?" Aryll asked examining the hookshot with utmost curiosity. "Yep," I said "If you're up to the task" I added, with a hint of teasing in my voice. Aryll reddened then said "Yes, are you up to the task of teaching me...Uh, how this works?" Aryll said holding up the Hookshot. Chuckling a bit I turned around and said "You're going to have to work on your....Teasing skills". Aryll stared at me then said "I'll Race you! Last one to the plantation is a rotten egg!". "Alright," I started "3....2........1! Go!" I added, taking off running like the wind. Aryll was a little behind but was managing to catch up.

The training plantation is a small-medium area with a bunch of 'lanes' for their corresponding item usages. And today we were going to the 'Hookshot Lane' one of the largest Lanes in the entire plantation. Of course I got there first with Aryll right behind me. "Well, who's the rotten egg?" I said in a teasing voice. "Whatever," Aryll mumbled walking ahead to the 'Hookshot Lane'. "Just teach me how this works" She added turning to face me. "Well," I started walking up to Aryll "First put it on, like a glove." I added fitting the hookshot to Aryll's hand. "Ok, so now what?" Aryll said, a little too impatiently. "Well then you aim," I Started pointing the hookshot towards a; what I like to call, a Hook-log. Yes I know, not very catchy but better then Hookshot-log. "And well, you shoot." I finished stepping away from Aryll. "Oh like this?" She started then the sound of grinding metal was heard, hooking on the the Hook-log. Then Aryll was on the platform with the hook-log. "That," Aryll started

"Was awesome" She finished aiming and shooting the hookshot once more and practically flying around the entire plantation. I stood by and watched, I then thought back to the first time I used the hookshot. I was in the Wind temple and I had just finished off a Mini-boss, and was Awarded with the hookshot. I had no idea how it worked it took me, maybe, 30 minutes just to figure out that it fit on my hand. Then it took me a WHOLE other 10 minutes to figure out that the hook was able to shot out and stuff. The first time I used it I got slammed into a wall. Yes, I know, not my finest moment. My thoughts were interrupted by a voice that, strangely, sounded vaguely familiar. "Your time has come" the voice said, echoing inside my head. "Who said that?" I said looking around, "Are you Ok, Link?" Aryll said jumping down from atop the platform. "Uh, yeah. I fine" I said turning around to face Aryll.

"Oh, Ok. But if anythings wrong you should tell me or Grandma," Aryll said with her little worried face. I turned around to avoid a 'Sister lecture' as I call it. "But, I believe you." Aryll added walking past me. I said nothing but looked towards the top of the island that we were on. "You'll know where to find me" Aryll said walking away. I turned my head to watch Aryll run towards the house. I heard the voice again, but this time it sounded more close. The weird thing was that it felt that it spoke from uptop the island. I felt....drawn to it, like some sort of force was telling me to go up the mountain.

I took a step, then another; before I knew it I was practically walking towards the mountain. Luckily, my grandma called for me at the docks. I took one last look upon the mountain and started walking towards the docks. But the world seemed to slow down with every step. But when I reached the docks the world went on with normal speed. I did my best not to show anything on my face so my Grandma wouldn't notice anything, and fortunately I succeeded probably from the fact one of my close friends was here. Mostly cause I thought he was dead, King of Red Lions, or RL for short and, don't freak out, he's a boat. Well not really, he does have a human form, but it got buried under the sea with my fight with ganondorf. "Ah, there you are Dear" Grandma said urging me to come closer, which I did. "Uh," I started not knowing what to say to my long-lost friend. Grandma took my hand and said "Link, have you been experiencing...Strange events?" She asked turning her head to look at my boaty friend.

I hesitated for a few brief seconds, for it felt like something was urging me not to say anything. I hesitated for a few more seconds before saying "Yes, well, sort of". Grandma then had a very brief face that had fear and worryness, but I said nothing. She looked at my RL, who nodded, then she turned to me. "How, vivid were they?" Grandma asked me squeezing my hands. "Vivid?" I asked, (Yes, I know what that means) "Well," I added "I did experience this...strong urge to reach the top of the mountain, towards fairy woods." Grandma said "Me and RL are going to talk, so don't go anywhere" in reply. She and RL turned around to 'talk'. I got that urge again to go up the mountain, this time I didn't hesitate but started walking towards the mountain.

I walked up the hill, towards the bridge and stopped at the edge of the bridge. The strange sensation growing stronger and stronger, then everything went black. For I had fainted on the spot.