Chapter 2 - "My Shadow"

Aryll was sitting in the house serving herself a tenth bowl of soup. She sat down and stared at the hookshot Link had given her. Link had acted strangely so far towards the day, but has not mentioned anything. Aryll knew just by looking at him that he was troubled by many things. She could list all the things that were troubling Link to those who would take the time to listen.

-   The loss of his friend RL

-   He has a crush on a pirate girl that he saved on his previous quest, and (of course) misses her, (Don't tell anyone!!)

-   He had to sacrifice one of the most OP items he ever had in his life

But Aryll just couldn't wrap her finger on the last thing that haunted Link. He was (at the training plantation) almost, Blank and paleish. He had no true facial expression, like something was sapping the energy out of him. The thought made Aryll shiver in fear, but she never had felt this type of fear before. Not since the time when she got kidnapped by the helmaroc king (Which is a giant bird that Link killed with a giant hammer).

There it was again, that shiver of fear, almost as if something was...reaching out to her. She stiffened, for she heard a faint voice in the wind. She could almost make out the words; "Hear...me...Hear me...Child...I have come...with a task for...thee who stands...before me..Do...you...accept...this...task?". Aryll could not believe her ears, but she has heard Legends that the people in the world who have long pointed, elf like ears, like herself, are descendent to an ancient society that were supposedly were able to hear the words of the gods. "I...I do" Aryll said in bewilderment.

-Meanwhile-

I watched, well not really for I fainted, but it seemed so real; as my surroundings shifted and changed before my eyes. Never have I seen such an event in my life, not

even my Adventure/Quest. Suddenly everything froze, and slowly arranged themselves to piece together the Island that I grew up on. Then, I woke and stood up, but I woke from the farthest part of the island, in the shade. Puzzled I gazed onward to view the island, everything looked the same; everyone was doing there daily tasks, Grandma and RL discussing who knows what, and Aryll....Probably eating her tenth bowl of soup. But everyone looked...pale, in fact everything looked pale. I started walking towards our small, but humble village.

But, there was one itsy bitsy problem; I couldn't walk in the sun, only in the shadows. It felt as if my life was being drained from me when I walked out of the shade. Carefully, I analyzed the situation that I was in and slowly made my way to the village. Step quickly and Cautiously I made my way to my house, and looked onwards towards everyone. I watched as everyone walked past me doing their daily jobs, ignoring me. I watched as Zill, the little boy that came over a few moments ago, played. He was playing with a stick and was poking a bush with it. He raced over to where I was standing, then walked through me. Like I was some mirage or something like that. I turned to see his destination; towards his house, to his calling mother.

Then, I heard the voice, again. This time it was louder and more commanding. I looked towards the top of the mountain, and heard the voice speak in my head. "Well? What are you waiting for? Get up here, we need to talk" the voice said. I stared for half a second, then started walking. I did the whole shadow routine all the way to the hill. Then started walking upwards.

Walking up to the top of the mountain is one, no, my most favorite thing to do. But doing it now, at this....place; it seemed distant, it became a thing than a something. I walked up to the bridge to see a figure on the other side. "Who are you?" I said, taking a step towards the figure. "You know who I am" the figure said turning his back on me. "I don't understand," I said, refusing to take my eyes of the figure. "Well, I guess you going to have to find out then" the figure said disappearing into the fairy woods. Hesitantly, I followed the strange figure into the woods.