Chapter 3 - "The day of Shadows"

"What are you doing here?" I asked Aryll who was on the ground from her fall (she bumped into me). "I was about to say the same thing" Aryll replied, as I extended my hand to help her up. Aryll took my hand and stood up, dusted her skirt than said "Well, first things first, what are YOU doing here? I thought you would be at the plantation." Well, she got you in a tricky situation, think of something FAST!!! "I was just taking a stroll, you know; it's been awhile since I've been up here." I said walking past Aryll, "What's wrong?" Aryll said in a stern know-it-all voice. "Nothing," I said turning to face Aryll, "Now there's something wrong, cause you have been....Distant and palish." Let me handle this, 'cause you are doing a pretty horrible job. Wait what? Then my body twitched, in a slight unnoticeable way, But I was not in control, apparently Kinel was. What are you doing? Fixing this, Uh no, give me back control!!!! "Are you alright? You seem to freeze for a moment" Aryll said taking a step towards me, "I'm fine, so please stop worrying about me? I, or Kinel, said turning around. Smooth, She TOTALLY bought that Shut up "Anyways what brings you up here?" Kinel asked turning around to face Aryll. "Well," Aryll started, but was interrupted by our Grandma who was calling for us. "Another time," Kinel said before giving me control again. Don't EVER do something like that again Hey I did a better job than you so I expect a thank-you, so say it, No Come on you want to say it Fine, Thank-you For what? Doing a better job than me Good, now chop, chop, you have family calling Then I started walking, Aryll was Already ahead of me but I didn't bother to catch up. Aryll stopped and turned her head to look at me, "Hurry up! You know Grandma doesn't like waiting" She said then she continued running. I soon followed suit and before I knew it we were at the docks with Grandma. "I told you to stay put Link" Grandma said with a stern look on her face. I stood there and stared back with the faces of two people: me and Kinel. Although Grandma tried to hide it; she was scared for me and at me, which creeped me out, have I changed that much just being with Kinel? (You know what I mean). "So," Grandma asked taking a step towards me "What were you doing?". I looked at Grandma then at Aryll then at RL, then said "I was taking a quick stroll". Grandma looked at me hard then said "Oh," But next time, tell me what you're going to do, BEFORE doing it ok?" Grandma said putting her hand on my shoulder. "OK," I replied back to her, gently taking her hand off my shoulder. Grandma took a swift look at me before turning to talking to Aryll, "Now, you said that you had something to tell me?". Aryll clearly had something in mind, but chose to say "Nevermind, it doesn't matter." Grandma took a hard look at her before saying "Ok, but remember, you can always talk to us." Then she turned to me again, but in like slow motion. "Link," Grandma started taking a step towards me. "Have you ever heard of the day of shadows?" I stared at her, cause I had no idea what that was. "Apparently you don't, so I'll tell you, and Aryll, this involves you to ." Grandma said looking back and forth between us. Ohh, this is going to get juicy!! Plz, shut up Fine Grandma closed her eyes for a few brief seconds before starting "The True Origin of the day of shadows is unknown, but there are a few specks of what occurred all those centuries go....you had heard of the hero of time, yes?" Me and Aryll nodded in response, Grandma nodded and continued "Some say, that when the hero of time pulled the sacred sword out from it's pedestal, that it unleashed the very fabric of time and they all scattered across the ages." She paused and let that sink in for a moment. "Years passed and those fabrications formed together to form a entirely 'nother world, a world that, as we know so far, is the past, the present, and the future of our world, but at the same time is the foreshadow of our world, it is known, very few know this, as the Shadow Realm." Wow, that's partly correct Really? Uh, yea, I'm from there Aryll politely asked "And what does that have to do with us?" Grandma turned to look at her and said "Actually it has more to do with Link" I was shocked, how did I fit in any of that? Grandma saw my shocked expression and said, "That's not really the end of the, 'Story'" Again Grandma paused, Well this is going to take FOREVER, plz SHUT UP. "After that world was created, a curse was created as well." Grandma continued "Every 1,000 years the 'Day of Shadows' Occur," She Stopped suddenly, and turned to look at RL, who nodded Then She continued, "And on this day....A young boy, it doesn't specify, gets 'possessed' or as it says 'fused' with a thing known as a 'shadow being'." Suddenly I knew what she was going with here, I replied " So you, suspect that...I," "Yes," Grandma Replied "You know what" Aryll turned to look at me with a secret 'I-knew-something-was-wrong' look on her face. "So, I'm going to ask," Grandma started "Have you been experiencing any.....Strange events?" I stared at Grandma for half a second, considering if I should tell her or not about Kinel. Don't do it, Why? You want me to lie to Her? Nooo....Actually yes, sadly No, I won't do it You must, for I'm telling you to!!!! Or else it's back to the ghost realm you go! Fine, I don't care about that, I rather go there then lie What if it was your sister? Wait what? Yes you leave me no choice but to pull that card, lie and your sister stays here, don't; and goodbye Aryll!!! .....I'll do it, Good boy, now do it I looked at my Grandma and said the most mischievous white lie ever. And, Somehow she believed me, Grandma Just took my hands and said "Ok, but if anything happens tell me okay?" I just nodded in reply. Grandma nodded back and said "Ok, back to the fields with you!" And sent us away, before I could run off to get my sword Aryll turned, took my hand and said, "Why did you lie?"