Chapter 4: Team 7 meets Zabuza

Disclaimer: All the characters belong to Kishimoto Masashi.

Only Tsukiko belongs to me!

...........................................................,...

Chapter 4

Tsukiko's POV

I cast Kakashi a look to tell him to pretend not to sense the ninjas approaching. He looked confused at first but understood when he sensed the ninja. I wanted to see why Tazuna looked so jittery at the Hokages office.

Soon enough, 2 ninjas jumped out and attacked us after we passed a puddle. But seriously?! A puddle on such a clear day?! The ninjas were none other than the demon brothers. Kakashi went along with my plan and allowed himself to be "sliced apart" and so did I.

My team screamed out for their senseis. I was proud of Sasuke for staying calm and facing the threat. At least Sakura tried to protect Tazuna. but Naruto really disappointed me, I had expected him to react better in this situation.

I couldn't reach Naruto before he got scratched but the poisoned chain as I didn't expect him to react that way. I appeared in front of Naruto as Kakashi took care of the demon brothers.

Naruto's POV

I couldn't look up at Tsukiko sensei, I knew she thought highly of me but yet I let myself freeze up like that. She believes in me and yet I... I had nothing to say.

"Naruto you're injured. There was poison in their claws" Tsukiko sensei said.

"Aww are you okay you scaredy cat" Sasuke taunted.

I wasn't angry at him for saying that but I was angry at myself for freezing up like that and letting sensei down.

I cut my wound to let the poison out and as I cut it I swore that I would never act like that again.

Tsukiko's POV

My eyes widened as Naruto cut his hand but my heart swelled with pride at what he said. I could tell that he was really determined. That was a point I've always liked about him, he never gives up no matter what.

I smiled at him and ruffled his hair. "Be sure to stick to that path Naruto, I believe in you." I said sincerely.

I think Kakashi smiled under his mask as he looked at me with a certain emotion in his eyes, well technically eye. I couldn't tell what the emotion was... But it was familiar...

I was still trying to figure out what the emotion was when Naruto shouted at us to carry on with the mission.

Sigh... I guess I'll just have to figure it out later...

I didn't really bother about Naruto's hand because I knew Kurama would heal it. As much as he didn't like being locked up he still wanted his host alive.

After getting off the boat, Naruto kept on throwing his kunai at places where he says he sense something. I was impressed because he could sense things better than Mr Uchiha and Ms Haruno. Well he is an Uzumaki. A white rabbit jumped out of nowhere as Naruto shot his last kunai. It was a substitution jutsu. Zabuza...

Just as Kakashi yelled at the team to duck, I jumped up to grab Zabuza's giant sword and swung it on my shoulder effortlessly. Zabuza was aiming a punch at me from the side but he was too slow, I sidestepped and did a roundhouse kick successfully sending him in through a few tree. He stood up growling ready to charge at me. But Kakashi stood in front of me protectively and my team was cheering for me with the exception of Sasuke, since he was just gaping.

Zabuza's eyes widened at the sight of me. "Se.. Sen... Sensei??"

"Long time no see Za-chan! Is this how you're supposed to greet me? Where's my adorable Za-chan?" I teased.