Chapter 1: Katsudon

It's been a few months since I first met Saitama. He saved me from that monster known as the 'Sea King' as well as the meteor that threatened to destroy City-Z. I was there those two unfortunate days. Seeing him being victimized and alienated by hundreds of people in the crowds. I regret not trying to help. But what could I do? I couldn't have run out of the crowd and right over to Saitama, could I? He didn't know me. No one knew me.

"Hey, (Reader)?" Saitama spoke, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?" I replied, getting off the floor from where I was seated.

"Genos and I are being called to the Hero's Association HQ. As much as I'd like you to, you can't tag along and we'll be a while since it's almost an hour's trip." Saitama had a worried look on his face. "You gonna be okay while we're gone?"

Saitama was wearing his hero suit. He explained to me that going to the Hero's Association would require him to always wear his hero suit while visiting.

"I'll be fine." I said. "I'll have dinner prepared before you get home, alright?"

Genos walked passed me and over to the door, getting on his shoes.

"Alright." Saitama replied.

Saitama pushed my hair back and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"We'll be back as soon as possible." Saitama said, walking over to the door and putting on his shoes.

"Don't worry. It's not like I'll get kidnapped or anything." I said jokingly.

"Don't say that, now I really am worried." He replied, looking back at me.

"(Reader), don't joke with sensei. You know how he gets." Genos said, opening the front door.

"I'll be fine. You two should go now." I said.

I pushed them both out the door and watched them walk onto the street.

"Also, we're having Katsudon tonight!" I yelled out to them.

"Are you gonna make us dessert too?!" Saitama yelled back.

"We'll see!"

I slammed the door closed and walked into the kitchen. Thank goodness. Finally some peace and quiet. But now I have to get the groceries to prepare dinner. Well, I have some time until they get back. It's time to relax a bit.

My stomach churned in ways that made me feel uncomfortable and sick. But it only lasted a few seconds before it stopped. I thought nothing of it. I get them all the time. My stomach was probably digesting something.

I looked at the time. It was 3:40pm. My best chance to get sales was now. So I should probably go out and get the groceries.

I picked up my purse and walked out the door, closing and locking it behind me. The nearest, operational grocer was a good 10 minutes away. But nothing compared to Saitama's and Genos' walk. Or run. Depending on how fast they wanted to get to the Hero's association.

After walking a fair way, I made it to the grocer. I walked inside and looked through each isle. I picked up some pork loin steaks, a carton of eggs, a bag of breadcrumbs, chicken stock, a brown onion and some green shallots. The rest of the ingredients were already in Saitama's apartment.

I walked down the 'special ladies' isle where all the pads and tampons were. Because knowing Saitama, he wouldn't dare buy any for me. So now was my best chance to stock up while I had the opportunity. He won't know they weren't on sale. Come to think of it. I swear I was already due by now. But it could just be late...by 24 days.

I looked over to the other side of the isle. Pregnancy tests. Surely it was okay to buy a packet. You never know, right? I picked up a packet that was of a reasonable price and dropped it in the basket with the pads, tampons and food.

I headed to the checkout and paid for my items. Finally getting out of the store with my two shopping bags, I began to walk home. I checked the time: 4:20pm.

I got back to the apartment and headed inside, taking off my shoes at the entrance. I placed the bags on top of the kitchen counter and began to unpack. I placed the food next to the sink and stove, getting them ready for dinner. I pulled out the pads and tampons, walking into the bathroom and a placing them in a convenient spot in the cupboard. I took hold of the pregnancy test packet and brought that back out, placing that on the living room table. I might use one later just to try it out.

I pulled out the rest of the ingredients from the cupboards and placed them on the kitchen counter. I washed my hands thoroughly and began to prepare the katsudon dish. I liked cooking, but not as much as Genos. He would cook for me and Saitama whenever he got the chance. He also loves doing house work. Better him than me though- I prefer Genos to scrub the toilet.

The katsudon was cooking nicely, so I decided now might be the time to take one of the tests. I walked over to the living room table, picked up the packet and headed to the bathroom. I read the instructions carefully. I'm honestly a bit nervous. I mean- who wouldn't be?

I pulled down my pants and sat on the toilet, following the instructions.

Step 1: urinate into a cup for 5-10 seconds.
Step 2: place the absorbent end of the stick into the urine.
Step 3: wait for 10-15 seconds
Step 4: check results

I followed each step, making sure everything was exactly as the instructions told me. After following the most embarrassing steps- aka peeing into a plastic cup- I waited patiently by doing some squats to pass the 10-15 second time. After that was done I went over to check the test.

Just before I managed to pick it up, a large crash sounded from outside.

"Now what on earth could that be?" I said, walking over to the balcony. "I didn't think anyone else lived in City-Z."

The wall suddenly smashed in and I ducked for cover under the living room table. I saw large gold and dark brown boots. Surely too large to be any human. The boots moved around the room, as if the owner of them was checking the place out.

Of course Saitama and Genos had to leave me at home alone today.

I watched the boots move towards the kitchen. I heard the rattle of a glass lid and the sound of someone sniffing. My katsudon!!!

Suddenly the table I was under was snatched away and thrown across the room. I looked up at the thing that removed the table. A monster?!

"Crap..." I said to myself.

The monster leaned in closer, wrapping its long purple tentacle arms around me. My arms were pulled back so I couldn't use them to get free. All I could do was flail my legs around, hoping I could get away somehow. Surely I was done for.

"That's enough!" Said the alien wearing the gold boots.

As that was said, I stopped squirming and the tentacles around me loosened, but only just enough to still keep me captive.

He must be the boss or something. His hair was spiky, as if it was out of that anime Saitama and I used to watch. He had white pants that got baggy as they entered the top of his boots. His chest was covered in bright gold armor plates. His most distinct feature was his one large eye that covered most of his face.

He walked closer to me, lifted up my chin with his fingers and spoke.

"My name is Boros. And you are?"