Chapter 12: hide and seek

(Reader's POV)

Saitama and I were walking down the sidewalk, hand-in-hand towards the park. The sky was blue and empty of clouds. Today started off as cold, but now that the sun is out, the temperature of the air has heated up quite nicely.

"Here's the park. You sure you don't just want to stay home?" Saitama asked.

"Come on, don't be lazy. Let's just enjoy the park together." I replied.

I began to skip along the grass, letting go of Saitama's hand and allow the warm wind to slide along my skin.

"No one else is gonna be here since city Z got abandoned." Saitama said.

"I don't have a problem with that." I replied with glee.

"With being alone?"

"I'm not alone. I'm with you. And it's just the two of us."

I turned around and skipped backwards, watching Saitama with a smile. He shoved his hands in his pockets and smiled at me. I turned back around, but suddenly stopped when a strong gust of wind blew past me. It was a bit shocked from the unexpected wind. Plus, I thought there was meant to be no wind today. Saitama walked up behind me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, you okay?" Saitama asked.

"Uh...yea. I'm fine. Just some wind." I replied.

I turned around and placed my hands on his cheeks. I touched my nose to his, trying to be cute and romantic during our alone time. He slid his arms around my waist and pecked my lips.

"Since we're alone...Maybe if we go down to the lake, we can have some more fun." I said walking backwards and pulling on his shirt, forcing him to move with me.

I finally let go of Saitama and let him walk at his own pace. I continued to walk backwards and then ran over to a tree, playfully hiding behind it, peeking out at Saitama from behind the trunk.

"So we're playing hide and seek now?" He said, looking back at me.

"Yep. Now cover your eyes and count to ten." I replied.

Saitama did as I said and covered his eyes, counting down from ten while I ran off. After hiding behind a tree, I looked towards Saitama in the distance. I stiffened up after feeling another strong gust of wind. What's up with the weather today?

"Hello, beautiful."

I gasped as I felt a hand cover my mouth and I tried to scream. I knew this wasn't Saitama, because I could see him standing 10 meters in front of me as he walked in the other direction to search for me. Another hand wrapped itself around my waist, trying to hold me still and I began to get dragged away. I began to pull at the arms around me, kicking my feet to escape.

"Stop struggling."

I managed to bite down on the hand covering my mouth, forcing the person behind me to whine in pain and let go of me.

"Saitama!" I screamed, running towards him and almost stumbling over my own feet.

He turned around, looking back at me with worry. He began to run towards me and stopped as I practically jumped into his arms for safety.

"What's wrong?! What happened?!" He asked, holding onto me tightly.

"S-some one came up behind me and grabbed me." I replied, my voice slightly shaking.

I clutched onto his clothing as Saitama looked around from the wannabe-kidnapper. It didn't take long for him to spot a dark, slim figure leaning beside a tree.

"Hello, Saitama." The figure said as he walked into the light.

The man had jet black hair and wore a tight black suit. Purple markings laid on his cheek bones. His grey eyes stared into my (e/c) ones. They looked hungry.

"Sonic." Saitama said.

I could feel his arm tighten around my waist. I looked up at him and back at the man in front of us.

"Hello, Saitama." Sonic replied in a mocking tone.

"What do you want, Sonic?" Saitama replied.

"I don't think you remember what I said during our last encounter."

"And that was?"

"That we would have a battle for your girlfriend."

Sonic pointed at me with his katana as he smiled devilishly. Saitama went to grab Sonic's katana, but couldn't when Sonic pulled it away.

"Don't touch my sword. Last time you did that, you broke it." Sonic said, putting his sword away.

Saitama moved me so I was behind him. I continued to cling onto his clothing.

"When I tell you to run, you run. And don't stop running until your back home." Saitama said.

"But-" I was cut off.

"Just do as I say and get ready to run when I tell you."

"U-uh, okay."

Sonic looked at us both, tilting his head in a curious way. It wasn't like he couldn't hear what Saitama had told me. It was more like he was amused with the plan.

"So, Saitama. Let's find out who gets the girl." Sonic said, pointing a kunai at him.

"Run!" Saitama yelled.

I let go of Saitama and quickly ran towards the park exit. Sonic was quick and disappeared in front of Saitama, chasing after me at lightning speed. I saw Sonic appear in front of me and I tried to stop, but I couldn't when I tripped over my own feet and landed into Sonic's arms. I looked up at him terrified. Can I not enjoy one peaceful day with my boyfriend and not get attacked by some crazy lunatic?

"Don't think I'm gonna let you slip away that easily." Sonic whispered into my ear.

I could barely speak from his chilling voice as he spoke. I could hear Saitama running towards us. It wasn't long before Sonic flipped my body around. Saitama had stopped, his fist just inches away from my face. Both his and my eyes widened from shock. Sonic placed an arm under my neck, holding me close to him while his other hand pointed his katana at Saitama. Saitama lowered his hand and back up a little.

"Sonic. Let her go. I thought you said you wanted to fight me." Saitama said, his tone was demanding and tough.

"And I do want to fight you." Sonic replied. "But, first, I want to get to know (Reader) better."

"I'm not gonna loose her. Not again."

"If you want her back, you gotta catch me first."

Sonic picked me up and tossed me over his shoulder before speeding off and out of the park. Saitama ran after me but couldn't keep up with Sonic's speed.

"See ya, baldy!" Sonic yelled out.

"Saitama!" I screamed.

I watched his figure get distant and at that point, I knew we were gonna be parted for a while...again.