Chapter 9.5: Failure

(Saitama's POV)

"Very well...you win. I shall leave you and (Reader) alone." Boros said.

However, as I turned to (Reader) she was grabbed by a purple tentacle monster who was clearly one of Boros' subordinates. I watched on, worried that it would hurt her.

"Boros! I told you we were done!" I yelled, turning to look back at him.

He was still and lifeless. Did he actually end up dying? Does that mean the wager still follows and (Reader) dies? No, I won't let that happen!

I quickly rushed over to the tentacle creature and jumped into the air, preparing to throw a punch. But, only one thing stopped me...(Reader)'s lifeless body hanging from one of its tentacles as blood dripped from her stomach. It had stabbed right through her and ended her quickly by squeezing her body until her spine snapped.

S-she was dead.

I landed back onto the floor and couldn't believe what I just saw. It couldn't be real. It wasn't real. She wasn't gone.

The monster dropped her limp body on the ground and left quickly, not wanting to be killed. But, I don't think I could kill it after all that just happened.

I walked over to her body, falling to my knees and stroking her hair with my fingers. I turned her body over so I could see her face. She was so pale. I picked her up and wrapped my arms around her lifeless body.

This wasn't meant to happen. We were meant to go home. We were meant to get married. We were meant to raise a child together!

"(Reader)!" I yelled in pain, hoping she would open her eyes and wake up.

Tears came streaming down my face as I held her, hoping that she would say something. She was one of the only people that called me a hero. And not just a hero...her hero.

"You were the only person that ever loved me!"

"Please don't leave me..."

(BAD END)