Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I heard the doorbell ring and looked at the clock. It was 5 am on a Saturday and somebody's at my door. I just ignored it because they could always come back later, but they kept ringing it. Finally, I got up and walked down the stairs. With each step I got a little bit more nervous. What if it's a serial killer baiting me, or the police to tell me I'm the main suspect in a crime? Friends don't just stop by at 5 am. I opened the door anyways. I couldn't believe it was him at first. The Doctor. My doctor. "Clara!" he exclaimed embracing me in a hug. I immediately hugged him back. It's been almost a full year since I've seen him! I thought he forgot about me. 

We went and sat on the couch, I was too excited to go back to sleep. "So, how long has it been for you?" I asked. I knew it could've been any amount of time since he has the TARDIS. "A few weeks." he said. I was suprised it was so short of a time. "11 months." I whispered. I didn't mean for him to hear it, he probably knew anyways. "What did you say?" he asked, looking a bit confused. "Oh, it was nothing, I was just talking to myself." I said. "Clara, did you just say 11 months?" he asked. I just nodded. "I am sorry. I am so, so sorry." he pulled me in for a close hug and I smiled. It was so nice with him being here. He let go and my smile faded. I wished I could just stay in his arms. I yawned realizing it was so early still. "Why don't you go get some sleep?" he suggested and I gladly stood up to go upstairs. He stood up too and walked me to bed. He tucked me in like I was a child and kissed my forehead. "Goodnight, Clara." he said turning off the lights. Before he left, I stopped him by asking, "Doctor? Will you sleep in here?" He smiled and walked over and got in bed next to me. I felt safe with him here and I never wanted him to leave again.