Chapter 3

I sat up and picked up the note. Clara, I’m writing this because I have something important to tell you but if I tried face to face I would just mess it up. I needed to say that I want you safe, and to insure you’re safety I’m taking you home. I’m sorry about this, but it’s for the best. I’m worried about you. So I’ve set the TARDIS to your house and I’ve gone to a random room so you won’t argue. You’re marvelous and I’m terribly sorry for you to leave this way but it’s so you’re safe. Goodbye Clara. The page started getting covered with tears and I just wanted to scream. He promised he would never leave me again why is he doing this? I would be safe with him. Safer than safe. And to say goodbye through a letter? “Clara?” I looked up and the Doctor was just eyeing the letter. “Oh Clara. I thought I threw that away.” I got up and walked over to him. “How could you do that? How could you just leave me? After all those adventures we had, how can you just say goodbye like it’s nothing?” He pulled me in for a hug and I just cried into his chest. He stroked my hair and talked to me in a soothing voice. “Clara, it was for your safety, I promise it was for you, I hate the thought of leaving you, I just wanted you to be okay. I’ve lost so many and I never want that to happen to you.” I looked up at him and I probably looked like a complete mess. “I am so sorry, Clara. I only wrote that so you wouldn’t get hurt. I’ve lost you before and it’s too much. I can’t lose you again.” I buried my head back into his chest and he stroked my hair. “Please never leave me. Please. I want to be with you forever.” I was muffled by the combination of my sobs and my face being covered. He pulled away and grabbed my chin so I would look at him. “Oh Clara. No matter how much you want to stay with my forever, it’s impossible. You’re human. So human. Eventually you’ll leave like everyone else. Rather you get lost, or forget me, or leave to live the rest of your life, you have to go sometime. You’ll break my heart like the rest of them, but it’s alright. I’ll have the memories. I suppose-“ I cut him off by crashing my lips into his. I grabbed his vest to pull him closer and I could feel him flailing his arms. He pulled away and looked at me for a minute. “You need to stop doing that.” He crossed his arms defensively. “You need to stop making me.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Super sorry this took so long I've been busy and this is really short I just wanted to post it