Chapter 2: Training Camp

We finally made it to Nekoma. I wasn't able to fall back asleep after I woke up and saw Hinata, I just couldn't stop looking at him. And that feeling I get....well....it's not a bad one. I'm going to ask Suga about it later.

I look down at Hinata again, he had kept shifting in his sleep and eventually ended up with his head on my chest and was clutching to my shirt. I had to put my arm around his shoulders, just so that I wouldn't be too uncomfortable for the rest of the trip. But it's time for us to get off the bus now.
I use my free hand and gently shake him.

"Hinata, it's time to get off the bus."
Hinata didn't move, so I tried again with a little more force but still gently.

"Hinata, time to wake up." Still nothing.
"Dumbass! Get up!" I yelled this time and pushed him off me, instantly feeling his warmth leave me.
"Gwah! What are yelling at me for?!" He yelled at me as he nearly fell out of his seat.

I didn't say anything, just stood up, grabbed my bag and walked off the bus.  Hinata scrambled to get his things and chased after me.

"What's wrong with you today?" He asked me as he caught up. I just glare at him.
Why am I like this?! I don't know why I'm doing this. It's not even that I'm mad or anything at him. It's just what you make me do, it's all I know. Daichi called us all over to line up.

"Thank you!" We all yelled in unison. Then we grabbed our things and headed in to the school. Hinata ran after Kenma, who looked like he was absorbed in a video game.

How does Hinata do that? How does he make friends so easily? Is that the only reason that we are friends, because of him? I mean all I really do is yell at him. But it's more than that, isn't it? I mean I do care for him, he's definitely my best friend, even if we do fight all the time. With him I definitely try to be his friend, I've even learned to apologize to him on the rare occasions I'm in the wrong. And while I don't necessarily go out of my way to spend time with him, our time is often spent together. I've never thought about it before but I've always liked spending time with him.

"Oi, Kageyama?" I'm brought back to reality by Suga.
"Yes?" I ask trying to shake my thoughts out of head.
"You seem a little spacey today. Is everything alright?" Suga asks with more of a curious look than a concerned one.
"Yay. I'm fine. Just been thinking about... some things." I look away because I start to blush a little. Suga looks at me almost slyly then says something I can't quite catch.
"Or S.....one?" And walks ahead to Daichi.

What was that about? And why did I blush?! I was only thinking about Hinata. What did he said?

~~~

We're playing our last match of the day against Nekoma. We've lost all of our games so far, but this one was looking like it was going to go in our favor.

Hinata and I haven't been quite in sync today, and it's starting to get very frustrating. The first few times I chalked it up to us just needing more practice for the quick. But then it was still happening, not even once had been like it should. I'm so frustrated that I've  stopped tossing to him. But the opponent has caught on. We need the quick to win. Aghh!!
We lose another point. That's it!

"Oi, dumbass! What's wrong with you? You haven't hit a single quick today!" I yell at Hinata as I walk towards him glaring and furious. He starts to cower and stutter some kind of response that is completely incoherent. Damn, I did it again.

"Whatever it is, worry about it later...... Just hit this next one!" I soften a little but I'm still mad so I'm still yelling at him. He smiles at the second part and gets excited because I'm going to toss to him again.

Nekoma has the serve. Daichi  receives it and its a perfect time for the quick. I see Hinata start to run to an empty spot. The blockers had stopped tracking him because I stopped tossing to him. I tossed the ball watching it as it hit its mark, the exact point where Hinata would be. I followed the ball as it floated to its assigned spot and sure enough Hinata was there waiting.
All of the sudden my heart skipped a beat. I turned around to look at Hinata, clutching my shirt where my heart is. He beamed, looking at his hands in front of him, then at me. My heart skipped again.
What is this? Is his because of him, because of ....Hinata?
The whistle blew for the next serve, it was my serve. I caught the ball as it was thrown to me. My head still reeling. Definitely need to talk to Suga now.
The game continued, got few more quicks in. Back in sync again.

The ball slammed a final time on Nekoma's side and the whistle blew signaling we had finally won a game. Before I knew it Hinata ran over and jumped on me wrapping his arms around my neck, I barely had time to catch him. For the third time today my heart skipped and I started to blush.

"We won! Kageyama, we finally won one!" Hinata yelled and jumped out my arms before running over to Noya to yell some more.

He was gone before I knew it and a part of me wanted him to stay just so I could be close to him. I looked over to rest of the team and noticed Suga giving me the same look from before. What do you know that you're not telling me Suga?