Chapter 7: Almost

Kageyama's POV:
It's been a couple of days since I talked to Suga. Luckily I've only really missed a few practices. I still can hardly stand the thought of being near Hinata, but I'm going to try.

I've accepted that I am in fact in love with Hinata. And now that I know my feelings maybe I'll be able to control them. I haven't quite decided what to do about these new found feelings though. I still can't figure out how or even if, I should tell Hinata. Although I should trust my senpai, Suga wouldn't mislead me.

~~~

It's Friday now, and I have been able to start practicing with Hinata again. I realized that it was actually the perfect excuse to be with him. Which seems to be the only thing on my mind now-a-days. My day is just darker without my ray of sunshine.

Whenever I'm practicing wth Hinata, Suga is always glancing at me. And whenever he can, he asks me if I've talked to Hinata.

"Oi, Kageyama," Suga whisper yelled and waved me over to him.
"Yes, Suga?" I ask when I'm within hearing distance.
"How's Hinata?" He asked, looking at me in a way I wasn't quite sure I liked. I instinctively looked over to the ball of energy, I start to slightly blush because I realize what Suga is actually asking.

"T-This weekend..." I say looking at the ground, trying to control my blush.

Suga was smiling, I could tell without even looking at him. He grabbed my shoulder, bringing my attention fully back to him.

"Trust me, I know it'll turn out fine. Nothing will happen unless you're both on the same page," Suga said with confidence. I noticed that his gaze was no longer on me when he finished and I followed to where his attention was pointed at....Daichi. Some things started to click into place and my eyes widened. Suga noticed my reaction.

"Ah...I see you figured it out. Like I said trust me. I have experience in this," he said with his eyes still on his boyfriend. I shook my head trying to bring back my own thoughts, I could figure out what was going on between those two later. Right now I need to worry about Hinata and myself.

We finished up with practice and of course Hinata asked me to stay and toss to him more and I wouldn't dream of saying no to him....but I also sometimes like to see what he'll do to get me to stay. Often times he just pouts; puffing his cheeks out and usually throwing a volley ball at me. He doesn't even realize how cute he is when he does it, and I selfishly get him to do it, tonight included.

"Oi, Kageyama! Toss to me!" Hinata yells across the gym at me as he's running towards me.

"Mm, I think I'll go home tonight," I said trying to get Hinata to pout.
"But Kageyamaaaa," he whined, starting to pout. I had to turn away from him to hide my blush.

*thwap* There was the volley ball.

"Dumbass, what was that for?!" I turned to yell at him.
"Toss to me!" He yelled back. I glared at him, but it was only a half-hearted glare. I grabbed the ball he had hit me with.
"Fine. But only a few."

"Alright boys well, you two have fun," Suga called out as he left with Daichi right behind him.

"Don't stay too late. And make sure to lock up," Daichi said. Man those two, why do they have to be such parents?

I turned back to Hinata who was jumping around excited to practice some more. I smiled inwardly because now I got to spend more time with my sunshine.

~~~

We were thoroughly exhausted from our extra practice and had completely lost track of time.

"Oh, man it's 9 o'clock already!" Hinata yelled after checking his phone.
"Hinata, why don't you stay at my house tonight? It's too late for you to walk by yourself to yours." I spoke before I thought about it and mentally slapped myself.