Chapter 4

2 weeks later

Mackenzie's POV:
Miss Abby is a great guardian. She treats us all equal even though Maddie got a bigger bedroom than the rest of us! We have not been competing for the last 2 weeks because Miss Abby and Gia both decided that we should have some 'family time'. We are going back to Dance tomorrow and obviously there is still going to be a pyramid based in our last competition.

Time to get ready for dance!

I'm going to wear the same as all the other girls because Abby told us we all have to wear our blue and pink ALDC dance wear. So I put that on, did my hair in a donut bun and applied a little bit of makeup then went downstairs to get a snapple and wait for the others to be ready! While I was waiting, I decided to do some turns. So I took off my shoes and started to turn when I got this shooting pain in my chest. I didn't think anything of it. So I started turning again until I heard people coming so I quickly put my shoes back on and stood by the door waiting. 15 minutes later we left.

* At the studio*

Abby's POV:
"Right, so obviously we haven't competed in 2 weeks but pyramid is done based on the results from the competition that we did last. So onto pyramid;
On the bottom is Jojo, you came last with your solo, even though you were in the winning trio. It doesn't matter. Next, Brynn, your solo came 4th it should have come higher and your duet with Kalani cane 2nd. You know how I feel about second! Next, Kalani, same as Brynn except your solo came 2nd! Just behind Maddie. Last on the bottom, Mackenzie, your solo came 6th. Not good enough and your duet with Nia won by 1/10 of a point. First in the middle is Nia, Your solo was 5th. That's the best I've ever seen you do that dance! Next is Kendall, you solo was 3rd and the trio won. You didn't really stand out in the group though! And in top of the oursmid, our very own Gooden Girl, Maddie! You were amazing. You won by 3 whole points!!

Moving onto this week, Maddie this week obviously you have a solo, I am also giving you a duet with your biological sister Mackenzie. I have 2 more solos they are going to Nia; your solo is called Cookie and Jojo; your solo is called Own it. A chance for both of you to redeem yourself. There is also a group dance entitled Amazing Grace. Let's get started on the group. "

Mackenzie's POV:
My chest felt better now. So I didn't bother telling anyone. We practiced the group and then me and Maddie practiced our duet. We finished it in 2 hours. All we need to do is perfect it now. We only have 3 days until the competition because it is Wednesday today. We're heading home now, tomorrow Abby said she is only doing the solos but the rest of us need to come to practice our other dance/ dances and do our normal classes. So me and Brynn were running though the group when my chest started hurting again. She noticed and asked what was wrong so I told her that I keep getting a pain in my chest. She said to tell Miss Abby but I knew that Abby was teaching at the moment. So she went to get Gianna. However by the time they got back to me.........

I was already unconscious on the floor!

Maddie's POV:
I was in studio A with Miss Abby learning my solo - it's called Bond Girl - when Brynn came rushing in in tears trying to tell us something. I got the words Mackenzie......chest......floor......Ambulance......Hospital. Then she went running out the room so me and Abby followed her into Studio B where Mackenzie was in Gia's lap and Kenzie was unconscious. Soon the ambulance came. I went with Gianna and Brynn in the Ambulance. Miss Abby told me and Brynn to stay st the Studio but we couldn't. Mackenzie is my little sister and Brynn's closest friend. We needed to know what was wrong with her!!

At the Hospital;
Mackenzie's POV:
I woke up in this room with white walls, and I thought to myself Where am I? This isn't my bedroom! I tried to move but I still had this pain in my chest. So I just laid back down. Then I heard Maddie and Brynn talking so I started to yell out to them hoping they could hear me! They did because soon they both came rushing into my room giving me a big hug!! After they had both hugged me, I asked them where I was and they said that I was in a hospital. I was confused, I remember being at the dance studio with Brynn and practising then getting a pain in my chest and then I blacked out. But I didn't know that I would need to be in the hospital. I hate hospitals!!
Soon the doctor came in with Gianna, she looked like she had been crying, the doctor told me that I needed to stay in the hospital tonight for observation because I was unconscious earlier. But Miss Abby would be coming to stay with me. So Gianna, Maddie and Brynn had to leave now. It was 7:30pm at the moment, Miss Abby was supposed to arrive at 8pm because she was finishing the classes early today.
I still have this pain in my chest. It's getting really annoying now!! I don't know what to do. Wait, who is that I can hear? It's Miss Abby, she's here. Hopefully she can get rid of this pain! When Miss Abby came into my room, I cried and hugged her and told her about the pain in my chest. She said there's nothing she can do but she will go and see if there is any medicine I can take. So she left the room, then everything went black......... again!!