1

ASHTON
I wake up in the early hours of the morning. For no apparent reason but to just be awake. Watching the sun rise and hearing the birds sing has always been a favorite of mine.

Despite my early awakening, I'm late to school almost everyday. It's not like I actually have any parents who care about me, or real ones at least. Foster parents are paid by the government to take care of various kids, and rarely actually care about who they are housing.

My alarm sounds after a bit of staring out the small window in my current bedroom. I decide to start getting ready for school when my small alarm clock shows 7:30 across it's digital screen.

After walking into the kitchen to start making coffee, I recall the events of yesterday. My run had been particularly better than previous days. I had pushed myself harder, ran faster, and just plain felt better about it than most days Maybe it was because I could feel eyes watching me towards the end. However, it wasn't in a judging manner. They were watching in curiosity and amazement. Maybe it was because I had more on my mind; more to brush off my shoulder and pretend it didn't bother me than most days. 

My thoughts shift as I look to the blinking clock attached to the microwave. 7:45 am. Had I really been up for that long already? I had slowly drifted into the kitchen in attempt to get coffee while also sorting out my thoughts that I couldn't let get the best of me while I was at the hell hole we all call school.

I make my way back over to my small room so I can get dressed. After doing so I brush my hair and teeth. Being ready for hell, I quietly stumble out of the front door in my usual manner. 2 steps down, however many more it takes to walk on my longer and longer path to school each day.

~

I confidently walk into my 5th period class. The bell sounds, alarming us to get into the classroom, otherwise we'd be marked as tardy. "Get out your homework," the far too old woman, that shouldn't even be teaching, croaked out in a voice that sounded like it was from Monsters Inc.

Shuffling through my backpack I grab the thin paper that I was told to turn in. The wrinkly old hag walked by and collected all of the assignments. I sat in a state of bore, completely disinterested in what grade I would get.

Mrs. Whateverhernameis rambles to the class about whatever classic novel we're reading at this moment in time. For. The. Entire. Class. Period. As soon as she starts her first sentence I immediately zone out.

The teacher, that I couldn't care to know the name of, starts another sentence that would probably drag on and have no real importance as the bell rings. Everyone rushes out of the classroom without a care in the world.

I walk through the halls with stride. My head held high and swagger in my step. But just as I'm about to turn towards my lockers, I run into a lanky blond boy, that I vaguely recognized.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." He immediately starts picking up the papers he dropped. Instead of being a douche noodle, I decide to help him pick up the items dropped.

After we're done, I look up at him. He profusely apologizes. "And thank you so much for helping me pick up my stuff, " the boy says.

"It's no problem, don't worry about it. My names Ashton, by the way" I say to the still unknown named.

He smiles and says, "I know," he chuckles a bit,"I mean, you're just popular, I've heard you're name around," he corrects himself. "I'm Luke."

"Well, I'm gonna get on my way, nice to meet you." I fast walk away afterwards, seeing as the bell was about to ring.

Luke, huh? I like it, suits him. Quite a sexy name if I do say so. No, I did not just think that. Stop it, you can't think like that or someone might find out.

I vividly remember seeing him the other day when I went for a run. However, it probably wasn't him. What would he be doing at the school track heading to the bleachers anyways.

I shuffle into my next class right as the bell rings and sit down.