18

Mira

I woke up in a dark room surrounded by thick comfy covers, my throbbing head resting on soft pillows. The curtains were drawn to prevent any light from entering the room. I shifted slightly so that I was seated against the pillows and clutched my head in both hands. It was throbbing so badly that I felt it would explode any time. I sighed and pushed my legs out of the cover sitting at the edge of the bed as I searched around blindly for my glasses even though I did not need them anymore but it had become a habit over the years. I put them on and completely threw the covers off myself shivering when the cold air hit my bare legs.

Bare legs.

Wait.

What bare legs?!!

I looked down at my legs and my eyes widened,an involuntary shriek escaping my lips even before I could make out what had happened. I heard the door click open and instinctively I dived inside the covers. I squinted hard to make out the outline of the person who had just entered the room,my heartbeat quickening out of fear. Pushing away all my less than comforting thoughts that included getting kidnaped by some notorious gang and getting blindfolded before they murdered me brutally, I pulled the covers further upto my chin and closed my eyes ready to scream at the top of my lungs if the newcomer tried to pull any stunt.

I felt the person nearing my bed and immediately screamed. I felt two hands shaking me but I went on screaming ,kicking and flailing like a madwoman shaking my head with my hands on my ears.

''No. Stay away you bastard. Don't come any near or I will kill you, I swear.'' I threatened kicking around violently.

I guess I hit the person because I heard him hiss in pain as he let out a string of very colourful words.

SCORE.

I immediately shoved away the covers which already seemed in a mess and jumped to the other side of the bed, grabbing the first thing my hand touched.

A vase.

Raising it above my head I gave a war cry and lunged towards the intruder ignoring that I had practically no clothes on and that my head was throbbing like crazy.

''STOP MIRA,STOP.'' I heard the person shout.

Amazingly,the person sounded exactly like Dylan.

Dylan.

OH FREAK.

I abruptly stopped screaming and jumped when the room was flooded with light. My eyes widened at the sight before me. Dropping the vase on the bed I slumped back against the pillows letting out a sigh of relief. Dylan was standing at the edge of my bed with one of his hands raised in a gesture of surrender as he clutched his side with his other hand while glaring at me painfully.

SHIT.

''Oh.'' I muttered.

''Yeeeaaaaah.'' Dylan nodded as he slumped onto my bed still clutching his side.

I scooted a little further to give him space.

''D-Does i-it hurt?'' I asked cautiously.

''Not that much. But you kick like a frickin' bitch.'' He hissed.

''I am s-so sorry, I-I just got f-frightened.'' I replied feeling guilty.

''Its okay.'' He smiled.''It doesn't hurt that much now.''

''Really?''

''Yeah, I am fine''

''Okay.'' I nodded playing with a strand of my dark wavy hair to hide my embarrassment.