Chapter 4

The next day at free period, Kaz went straight to his Home Ec class to take the test that he had missed.

Mrs Clarke's (Kaz's home ec teacher) phone rang before he could even greet her. She aimlessly gave him the test paper while whisper yelling at her phone. Mrs Clarke immediately went out of the room after she gestured Kaz to sit down and take the test.

Kaz sighed while he sat at the first chair he saw. Mrs Clarke is a nice teacher. She even gave Kaz a chance to take a test that he totally ditch, (which she doesn't know about) whilst other teachers wouldn't. But she can be anxious and stressed out often, especially when it comes to his husband and triplets.

He was dealing with questions about ratios and cakes (which he thinks is useless in real life) when the door opened. He expected the person to be Mrs Clarke, but instead saw Skylar who was holding a box full of ingredients.

They both didn't expect to be there at the same time, and have the same free period. They greeted each other before Mrs Clarke gave Skylar and Kaz instructions and excused herself because she had to deal with family problems. She rushed to fixing her stuff and she accidentally slammed the door leaving Kaz and Skylar alone in the room.

The room suddenly was quiet, and Kaz had no choice but to finish his test while Skylar quietly sets her ingredients in the kitchen area which was (coincidentally) behind of where Kaz sat. The two were too focused with their work to even talk to each other.

A lot of minutes passed, and Skylar was done with making her pie crust. She started with her filling, which interested Kaz's nose. He smelled blueberries, but a few seconds later he also smelled strawberries. He thought about it and was in doubt if its okay to mix berries while making pie. But his doubt was completely gone when he smelled chicken... and is that fish?

At the same time, Skylar was aimlessly looking at his back while she cooked her filling, and then she remembered something. “Kaz?” she called. Kaz thought she was in trouble and he immediately stood up and approached her.

“Yeah?”, Skylar was shocked when he approached her, she was expecting him to stay in his chair and just turn his head around her direction.

“Um... since Jordan won yesterday, I also won the chance to get 5 items from the store for free. But I'm not really interested at anything from The Domain so I wanted you to have it.” Skylar offered.

“Nah, I already got every Tecton items from the store even the valuable ones.” Kaz said while remembering the time he had a bet with Clyde and lost, but he still got every Tecton items for free and both Oliver and him can still stay at The Domain. It all makes sense to him now why Clyde did that.

“Aw, you actually did that to help Gus and not just because of the prize.” Skylar cooed while pinching Kaz nose instead of teasingly touching it. Kaz face became red with embarrassment.

“So any problem at this end?” Kaz asked because the fish stench got even worse. Skylar looked at him in confusion. “You do know mixing fruits, chicken, and fish together is a bad thing, right?” He finally spitted out.

“I thought its unique.” Skylar said.

“Well you thought wrong.” Skylar thought that what Kaz said was too harsh, but he didn't mean it that way. He was just telling the truth. “I'm a normo and I know that after five seconds a normo takes a bite of that pie, it will immediately be in the ground.” Kaz added.

Skylar wanted to argue but she had to admit he has a point. Especially since she got all of this ingredients from the spooky Mighty Med kitchen that every food lover hates.

She crossed her arms, “Fine. Any ideas what I'll do instead?” Kaz smiled.

“You could do a pumpkin pie since its almost Halloween.” Kaz suggested. Skylar thought that it was actually a great idea. She opened the fridge and was surprised to see a bunch of fruits and poultries. She took one whole pumpkin, discarded the foul smell filling and replaced it with the pumpkin.