a letter to my first boyfriend

I am going to keep the names in this letter secret.

Dear first boyfriend,

I just wanted to start off this letter by thanking you. Thank you for taking the time out of your life to choose me to be your first relationship. I appreciate all that I have learned from you. I am choosing not to ever regret being with you because you've helped me shape what I am looking for in my forever. Even though it has been short lived, I have enjoyed every single minute of it. From when you held my hand for the first time to our very first date, I really have enjoyed it. 

Every time that you sent me a text, my heart would flutter at the sight of your name on my phone. Now that it is over, I miss it but will never regret it. I understand that in the end we were not meant to be together. It is hard for me to picture myself with anyone else right now, but I know that my forever will come. 

There were also many flaws in our relationship. Flaws that drove us to destruction. Flaws that drove us apart. I pray that one day that you will be able to realize your flaws and change for the better. I pray that one day that you will become someone's husband and someone's father. I pray that you continue to dwell in the love of Jesus Christ and that He continues to grow you. I pray that you will never forget me and the times we shared together. 

A small part of me will always be with you. I spent my energy and my time on you, even though you didn't always return it back to me. And a small part of you will always be with me, and I am grateful that you choose me to give it to.  

One day when I am old and grey, I will tell my children and grandchildren of you, and the times we spent together. I will tell them how important your first relationship is and how it shapes the way that you find your forever. I will tell my husband that I am grateful for you because you helped me to find him and for that I can't thank you enough. 

In conclusion, thank you for being my first, I will never take it for granted.

Love,

Your First Girlfriend