Chapter Three - Let Go

“But Mark…” I whined softly into the receiver. On the other end, Mark sighed loudly.

“Fine I’ll do it!” He reluctantly agreed.

“Thank you so much Marky! I owe you.”

Since I have detention and can’t watch Carly, Mark is going to. If anything happens, it’ll all be on my hands. He’ll just stay at her house, until other agents relieve me and they’ll take over. Detention is roughly an hour here so it’ll only be an hour for Mark and then he’ll tell me what happened while I was at school.

Wow, it felt weird to say that. I’d never been to high-school and here I am starting off as a senior.

“Yes honey, you do!” He chuckled. “And yes, I love you too.” His accent made me giggle, like always. After saying bye, I hung up the phone and looked up at the sky. Currently, I was outside with Carly after school. Detention didn’t start until five minutes after the bell rang. We were sitting on the bench and talk about the new girl was still buzzing.

My first day of undercover was pretty right below a success. No one was suspected; well Morrison seemed good just because I don’t like him. Carly was safe and we got more evidence. My first day of high-school was horrible. Detention, I shuddered, on the first day! I looked at the time on my cell and rose.

I looked down at the blonde typing away on here phone and cleared my throat. “Hey Carly, since I have detention, Mark, you remember Mark right?” She nodded her head and smiled. “Well, he’s going to be here in ten. You mind coming to Morrison’s class for as few?”

She beamed at me; I was being polite to her because it was my job. I hated it. She was a pretty ditsy girl. And I really don’t think it was because she was a blonde. Someone dropped this girl when she was a baby and sucked her brain out with a vacuum. I waved my hand. “Come on. We’ll be late.”

She got up and we headed back into the building. It was silent, so Carly took that as her queue to start a conversation. “”So, what did you think about Ian?” She asked, kind of resistant.

I smiled. “Ian seemed really cool and nice.” And he was. He wasn’t arrogant, cocky and didn’t smirk. He was very polite and smiled a lot. I immediately crossed him off my list. He seemed to have a lot of patience, dealing with Carly and what not.

“Yeah he is.” She sighed dreamily. We reached Morrison’s door and I turned the knob. I didn’t bother to knock. I never did, it was just the agent in me, I guess.

“Good afternoon Alexandra and Carly.” Morrison smiled and gestured us in. I narrowed my eyes. Why didn’t he question Carly’s presence? “Take a seat and do homework, read, count to a hundred, I don’t care, just no cell phones.” He warned and went back to reading papers.

Carly settled with twirling her hair and popping her gum. Poor Carly, I thought. I never once thought of how she was taking this. People intruding on her and being surrounded twenty-four seven. I know she wasn’t showing it on the outside – she couldn’t, someone would notice, but inside and emotionally, how would you deal with this?