Chapter #4| His friends

I begin to notice how different Carter acts around his friends, it's like he's a different person, a stranger I never met before. I felt out place, I don't belong here and neither does Carter so why is acting weird? They laughed telling jokes with each other while playing video games, Ryan brings out his father alcohol while his parent's weren't home.

The legal age to drink is eighteen and yet I witness them disobeying the law, I thought Carter would reject the drink and he seemed more pleased to be offered one. I politely decline not wanting to drink, I never drank before in my life and wasn't planning to. I've read stories about the dangers of drinking under and over the legal age, people abuse it and hurt innocent victims because of their stupid decisions.

Carter shouldn't be drinking since he's the driver, I don't know how to drive and my mother thinks I am studying with Carter at the library. I hated lying to here but I wanted to fit in and want his friends to accept me.

"Come on Manny, loosen up and drink with us" says Ryan. I decline again, his friends complained about me being boring.

"You wanted to fit in right? So a drink won't kill you" said Carter. I am shocked what he said to me, how can he say that when I decline several times. I don't want to be forced and now I am regretting accepting Carter's invitation. I don't belong here that's for sure and never will, Ryan lives far from my place so calling my mother isn't an option. Carter can't drive me home and I'm sure he'll convince me to stay longer, another option down.

"Carter, you shouldn't be drinking. You're driving home and school is tomorrow, this is unacceptable." I said. His friends laughed.

"Yeah Carter, listen to your mother" Michael joked.

"Then leave" Carter replied. I gasped.

"How can you speak to me like that, you're completely a different person around your friends. This isn't the Carter I come to love" I said. Everyone went silent including Carter, I realise what I just said. Damn it! me and my big stupid mouth, I love him I really do and I just confessed it to everyone. Why do I continue to embarrass myself, what was I thinking, do I expect Carter to say it back? Hell I was expecting that, so pathetic.

"Can you take me home, please Carter" I said. He nods grabbing is keys and saying goodbye to his friends.

"Just leave him, he can find his way home" said Ryan.

"I'll be back so shut up" Carter replies. The drive back was awkward and silent, I didn't expect him to say anything after my sudden confession. I felt the need to apologise for lashing out so rudely then I remembered how he treated me first, he's the one that should be apologising not me.

"C-Carter, about what I said" I said

"Let's not talk about it okay, good night" he says. I got out of the car and watch speed through the street, he shouldn't be speeding and drinking. I learnt new things about Carter and they weren't good, I begin to wonder why he behaved this way. His friends were obviously jerks, so full of themselves because they're in the football team or very rich because of their parents. The connection I felt with Carter on our first day wasn't there, he's becoming a stranger.

"You think you can hide from me f*g" said Jackson. In the middle of washing my hands in the boys bathroom Jackson had to walk in. I wanted to leave but Jackson preventing me to do so, where is Carter when I need him.

"What do you want from me?" I asked in anger. I am sick of his stupid games.

"Don't act all innocent you sl*t" he sneered. I flinched hearing that word, I don't understand what's his problem and this time I am not going to take it.

"Enlighten me" I replied trying to be brave.

"This innocent act you got  on and the way you walk to draw attention to your ass. I am not a f*g but you seemed desperate to gain my attention" he says.

"I-I d-don't d-do s-such t-thing" I stuttered. Jackson stepped closer, my back touched the wall with very little room to move. He trapped me with his body, his hands slip under my shirt, I shivered in fear and disgust as he pinch my nipple making me yelp in pain.

"L-Let me go" I cried. Frozen in fear, I forced myself to snap out of it and do something to save myself. I kneed his crotch, he groaned in pain and drop to the floor.

"You'll f*cking pay for that" he growls. I ran out of the bathroom, my button up shirt looked like a mess. I can't go to class like this, I dashed to the field and sat on my usual stop. I hugged myself and started to cry, how could anyone do such a thing. I don't deserve this, I really don't and now I can't stop thinking about it.