Chapter #6| Second date

(A/N: Songs I've used do not belong to me, credit goes to the artist)

Carter slept over for a few days, mother begged him to stay knowing I became happier when he's around. My love for the piano grew, I played any song that came to mind for Carter, he'll lay on my bed with his eyes closed and listen. Everything once again seemed so perfect, like a dream turning into reality. I wanted it to be real, I wanted the pain the fade away and because of Carter he shows me a different way of living.

"You sleeping over again?" I asked

"Of course, we have a music project to start together" he says. Oh right, I completely forgot, the project is to create our music either instrumental or with lyrics about love and pain. After school we've written idea's for a perfect song, everything is going well which makes me very happy.

"Alright, let's hear it Manny" he says. My mother waiting eagerly to hear the new song Carter and I written, he's the one who written the lyrics and to my surprise he can sing good.

"Wait, we need the name for the song" Carter says. I thought about it for a minute and a name instantly came to mind.

"Shelter" I replied. Carter nods in agreement. After playing the song, my mother is in tears telling us how beautiful the song is. Carter and I spent hours giving our ideas on what we should do and happy it turned out good.

"We better pass this project" he says. I smiled. The pain within my heart is long forgotten, I felt happier and my mother notices it. I giggled as Carter and I sneaked out of the janitors closet after having our quick make out session. Carter wasn't ashamed to show affection towards me, we held hands walking to our next class. 

"Carter, wanna hang out after school?" asked Ryan.  

"Raincheck" said Carter. Ryan frowned and glared at me like it's my fault Carter decline. Not only Ryan is acting is, so it Carter and I am not sure why.

"I have a date with Manny tomorrow so I am sleeping over, okay" he says.

"If wasn't for that stupid be-" Before Ryan could finish his sentence Carter quickly cut him off telling him to shut up and leave us along.

"Look we can go another day, just don't want you fighting with Ryan" I said. Carter refused, not wanting to postpone our date, he kept talking about how much I'll love our second day and with countless attempts to give me hints and failed. I changed into the outfit Carter bought for me, I wasn't use to him giving me gift and I felt bad accepting it, I guess I wanted him to know I am with him not because he has money that can buy me a house.

"Can I open my eyes now?" I asked.

"Be patient Manny, we're almost there just no more step" he says. I nearly tripped but he's always there to catch me when I fall.

"Okay, now open your eyes" he said. I opened my eyes and instantly tears began to swell, a table placed on the sand. A waiter waiting patiently for us to take our seats, a beautiful view of the ocean by the beach. Not only a view of the ocean but also a view of the sunset, it looked like the sun sink into the ocean.

"It's beautiful" I whispered. Carter smiled, this the most beautiful thing anyone has ever done for me. I'll cherish this memory and I remind myself why I fall in with Carter Thomas, he's a man that walked into my life without knowing. It's like a dream come true when he asked me out, our connection deepens, my love for him grew to the point being away from him will not put in at ease.

"Manny O'Conner, will you be my boyfriend" he asked.

"Yes, I will be your boyfriend Carter Thomas" I replied. He smiled held me up as we twirl around. This is indeed a dream come true.

Thank you Carter.  

Carter opened the hotel door once we entered I jumped wrapping my legs around his waist, we kissed like our life depends on it. Not only he asked me to be his boyfriend, he confessed his love to me and I done the same. I felt the weight left my shoulders, Carter completes and he makes me so happy.

We shared our night loving each other, our naked bodies against each other. Giving him something so precious to me that I am happily to give. Laying on my stomach, he trail kisses down my back causing shivers down my spine. I didn't think anything could be any more perfect but I regret not realising a video camera secretly recording hidden within piles of clothes.

After that night.

My dreams shattered.

So did my heart.