Chapter 11

So. Uh, yeah. Just curious." Drew said blushing. Ash laughed heartily then shook his head. Drew sighed, he knew it was a waste of time getting his hopes up. Ash noticed how upset his friend was, he hated to see Drew that way.

"Don't worry, you'll always have her in your dreams lover boy." Ash taunted. Drew suddenly felt his disappointment replace itself with anger.

"How dare you." He yelled. "I do not dream about May!" He denied but the blush was still present on his cheeks. Ash laughed and punched Drew's arm. Drew glared at him for a minute then realised Ash had made him angry on purpose so he wouldn't be sad anymore. He began to laugh as well and soon the two of them felt better than ever.

"Don't worry man." Ash said. "You and May will meet again I'm sure of it." He smiled.

"Right." Drew said, also smiling. The two then went their separate ways, Drew up to the house with the food and Ash down to the barn with Pikachu. Who at this point was fast asleep in Ash's arms; having had a very stressful day. Ash gave a warm smile at the sight of his partner being so peaceful. The two had been through a lot together. Ash knew that he and Pikachu were and always would be best friends.