Author's Notes & Disclaimer/ Drarry Prophet Reviews

Drarry Prophet

Title: Gold Tinted Spectacles (Hecatemus Book #1)
Author: Natasha Duncan-Drake (aka Beren on other platforms)
Beta: @SophieDuncan7 aka Thwax
Type: Chaptered
State: Complete
Rating: NC-17
Word count: ~163K
Warnings: none
Summary: Harry Potter is about to enter his seventh year, and things are not quite what he expected. He is no longer the angry boy who watched his world fall apart at the end of his fifth year, but neither has he completely found his place yet. He is looking for something, and to his confusion it seems to involve Draco Malfoy.

Set for revelations that will shake his whole world view, Harry must deal with unstable magic, far too many secrets, love, kidnapping, his dead godfather, and of course Voldemort and his lackeys. It's going to be a busy year.

Tags: Hogwarts Era (7th Year), Adventure, AU - Alternative Timeline - Predictive, First Time, Long >60K, Bonding
Quote: [If Madam Pomfrey wanted to the rule the world,] Draco replied, [the world would take its medicine quietly and surrender.]

DISCLAIMER

This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by JK Rowling, various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, and Warner Bros., Inc. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended. 

Author's Notes

This story had been posted in various places on the internet since 2003, but not here, so I decided to rectify that. It was re-edited in 2004 and then re-edited again in 2015  and finally re-edited again om 2016 in readiness for the sequel, "Defence, Pretence, Offence (Hecatemus Book 2)", which is currently being written and edited and will also be posted here on Wattpad.

As I mentioned in the description this story is set post Order of the Phoenix and pre Half Blood Prince, so the events of HBP did not happen. It was also written prior to the publication of HBP and so takes into account none of the information learned from that or subsequent books or publications such as Pottermore. Back then we were still guessing about many things, including birthdays :).

Some of the chapters are split into 2 parts (in one case 3) because they were a little long to be optimal for Wattpad.

Acknowledgements

Many thanks to my beta reader Sophie (SophieDuncan7), without whom this would be a complete mess. Also a big thank you to everyone who has commented on this over the years, in many cases helping me improve the text.  

Sequel

The sequel Defence, Pretence, Offence can be found here:
https://www.wattpad.com/story/88860005-defence-pretence-offence-hecatemus-book-2 (check the external link to just click).

Thank you so much anyone who comments on this chapter with what they like about this fic, but, please no spoilers here. If you would like to chat with spoilers, please head to the last chapter (Skeeter's Gossip Column).

~*~

If you would like to read more of my fanfic and original writing - check out my reading lists:

💖Tasha's Harry Potter Fanfiction💖
💖Tasha's Other Fanfiction💖
💖Tasha's Original Fiction💖

All on my profile NatashaDuncanDrake