Chapter 22 - A Birthday (pt1)

A/N: This story was originally written in 2003, way before we knew for sure anyone's birthdays except Harry's - hence the reason it does not agree with canon learned after OotP. This chapter is also very much mature.

~*~

Draco woke up slowly as a warm body curled against him and wrapped him in a close embrace. The feeling of perfect safety was so pleasant that he let himself drift just below proper consciousness for a few minutes before he reluctantly opened his eyes. Harry kissed his neck lightly the moment Draco came to full wakefulness.

"Happy birthday," his soulmate greeted warmly and ran his hand over Draco's torso.

It was cold in the castle so they habitually slept in pyjamas, but Draco realised that Harry had already taken his off: his lover was naked.

"How long have you been waiting for me to wake up?" he asked with a laugh as Harry's hands slipped under his nightclothes.

"A little while," his lover admitted with a grin as Draco twisted in his arms so he could see Harry's face. "I'm afraid I unwrapped your first present, but it was that or go completely mad. It's bound to carry out your deepest desires, so all you have to do is say what you want."

Draco let his eyes wander over Harry's innocent expression and then lower over the exposed piece of chest where the blankets had been pushed down. His lover really was a fine specimen of the human condition.

"What if I said I wanted breakfast?" Draco asked, matching Harry's innocent expression.

"Then from what's going on in your head I'd say you have a funny definition of breakfast," Harry replied with a completely straight face.

Draco grinned impishly and ran a finger down his lover's nose.

"You're right," he said cheerfully, "I think I want to play with my present first."

Before Harry could react Draco lifted the covers and dived underneath, pushing his soulmate flat onto the bed, half crawling on top of him and pinning him down. It was obviously not what Harry had expected, but Harry did not resist and relaxed back as Draco began to find his way in the dark under the blankets. Driving Harry to distraction was a game Draco enjoyed playing and he set about his task with relish.

Harry moaned in pleasure as Draco trailed little kisses down his collar bone and onto his chest. Draco could feel the flashes of delight that his ministrations caused in his soulmate and he brushed his lips over one nipple, flicking his tongue out as he did so. He liked Harry's body, it was strong and lean, muscled but not bulky, and his lover had a sexiness about him that was all male.

Harry reacted with another moan as Draco gently bit the spot he had just licked. He continued to play, moving lower and kissing, nipping and licking as he did so, trying to illicit as many more reactions as possible.

When Harry explored his body, Draco always felt as if his lover knew every inch already, as if Harry had a map of his whole being in that dark haired head. Draco had no such map, but he did have Harry's reactions to guide him and, even after the months they had been together, he enjoyed finding new ways to excite his soulmate. The fact that through their rapport Draco experienced everything as well didn't discourage him at all either.

Draco slowly worked his way down Harry's body, continually running his hands the full length of his soulmate's torso as he did so. The lower he moved the more vocal his lover became, especially when he gently rested a couple of fingers on one of Harry's pectoral muscles and traced little patterns, as he used his mouth on the sensitive area below his partner's navel.