Chapter 7 - Reality

After their bath Harry and Draco had somehow managed to dry each other off, although it had taken a long time since they were both easily distracted. Then they had returned to the bedroom where Draco has pounced on Harry like sex was the only thing on his mind and they had made love to each other as if the rest of the world didn't exist. After that they had cleaned up again, put on clean pyjamas, eaten some more, and then alerted the world that they were awake.

Madam Pomfrey's instructions had been simple: rest, relax, eat and don't do anything strenuous for at least another day. That was when they had discovered that the speaking wall recorded laughter. They had not enlightened the healer to the fact that the horse had already bolted on the last point.

They had talked for a while, but neither of them was ready to consider the full consequences of their position, so it had just been chatter. Then Draco had used the summoning chamber to bring him a book he had been reading and Harry had retrieved the book on Quidditch tactics Ron had given him for his birthday. They had managed to sit quietly reading for about half an hour before Harry had noticed that Draco looked incredibly sexy in silk; some serious petting had resulted. It was quite honestly as if Harry was addicted to his soulmate and could not get enough of him; Draco did not appear to be resisting at all.

They had been lying in each other's arms since, enjoying each other's bodies as they felt like it, indulging their impulses and Harry was happier than he had ever been. It was only as they were resting quietly that he began to notice the dull ache behind his eyes.

The metallic hues and the patterns around the room were interesting, but Harry had been awake for about six hours and they were becoming a little over powering. It was tiring having his brain stimulated by so much information. All the input was starting to give him a headache.

[It's beginning to hurt isn't it,] Draco said in his mind. [You need to shut it out.]

[I don't know how,] Harry admitted.

[That's where I come in,] his lover said, and sat up beside him.

Harry went to sit up as well, but Draco placed a hand on his shoulder and stopped him.

[Just lay still,] Draco said with a small smile, [I'm working on instinct here so go with me okay.]

Harry nodded and couldn't help the grin when Draco pushed him onto his back and climbed on top of him.

[Relax,] Draco instructed looking down at him in a serious manner.

[It's kind of difficult with you sitting there,] Harry said as his eyes ran up and down the half undone pyjama top his soulmate was wearing.

[Behave,] Draco said with a slight smile, [we're here to cure your headache; remember?]

Harry's hands snaked up under the back of Draco's top as if they had a will of their own.

[You could just distract me,] he said unable to resist the urge to touch.

Draco reached behind him, under the pyjamas, and took hold of Harry's hands, bringing them round and pushing them down onto the bed on either side of his face.

[You have no self control, Potter,] Draco said with a knowing shake of his head.

[Not since I fell in love with you, anyway,] Harry replied, but did not try and free his hands.

[No sex until you've successfully blocked out the magic,] Draco said, [now close your eyes.]

Harry tried to drag his mind away from sex for a few minutes and did as he was told. He could no longer see the magic in the room, but he could still sense it. Draco shifted above him and Harry felt his lover lay down flat so that Draco's head was on his chest. It took a great deal of effort not to flip straight back to the idea of Draco's naked body.