Ramen Talk

"My dad and I used to live in this area. We left this city after some sort of earthquake that happened when I was a kid. It's weird because I never saw an earthquake before. When I woke up, I was in a hospital and my dad told me that I had some sort of brain damage. Frontal lobe." You pointed your forehead as Mob continued to listen, setting his chopsticks aside as the two of you waited for your bowls of noodles at a ramen stand. 

"My mom got really mad at my dad so she wanted a take me into custody. She used to be a psychiatrist so she told me that the frontal lobe of the brain is a very important part of me. I think it controls the way you speak and think." You explained.

"So do you feel any different?" Mob questioned you.

"No. Not at all. My mom makes me go to the doctors to check up on my brain every once in a while. She can be a little overprotective at times but I understand where she's coming from." You asserted.

"That's good to hear. Usually, there's kids who don't want to understand their parents. But depending on their influence and relationship, no one knows how it'll end." Mob informed you.

"You're right about that." You nodded in agreement.

As soon as your bowl arrived, you dug your chopsticks into the pile of noodles and stirred the broth. Mob did the same as soon as his bowl was ready. For the time being, the two of you enjoyed this moment together, talking and getting to know each other.

"So what about you, Mob? What's your story?" You asked.

"There's not much to talk about. I just work and go to school everyday. I'm looking for opportunities to try new things once in a while." He answered.

"That's a good thing. What do you like to do in your spare time?" You shrugged.

"Making dogs float." Mob mumbled after he took a bite of his noodles. 

You let out a small giggle at his response. You could definitely picture him doing that.

"How cute." You complimented. "What else do you like to do?" 

Mob thought for a moment before he replied.

"I want to make friends." He glanced at you before he continued to eat.

"What? What are you saying, Mob? You're so cool! How do they not see that?" You burst.

"Hm?"

"I mean, look at you! You have psychic powers. It's truly an amazing gift!" You told him.

"..... I don't want to believe in something like that." He turned away, feeling a little worried.

"What?"

"Just because I have psychic powers, it doesn't mean that people should pay attention to me like that." He argued.

Mob started thinking that maybe the reason behind your acceptance to become friends with him is due to the fact that he had psychic powers. 

"But Mob, that's what makes you so special. It's not what you have but what you can do with it." You tried to explain to him without making him upset about this conversation. 

"You're making the world a better place by doing exorcists. With the powers that you are destined to have, you're practically like a super hero." You smiled.

"And..." You placed a hand over his own on the table as he turned his attention to you.

"Even if you didn't have psychic powers, I would still want to be your friend, Mob. You're special to those who are close to you and don't forget that. It doesn't have to be a talent to draw out people's attention and trust, but the heart. Your actions speak louder than words." You gave him a small grin.

He was suddenly feeling this sense of warmth surrounding him. Your explanation gave him a whole new perspective on you. There were more things that you have yet to show him and he wanted to see it all.

"You've been a kind gentleman, Mob. Don't ever change that part of you."

His eyes glimmered at your kind words that were affecting his heart. Soon, it started pounding against him as the pace quickened. His face became red as he allowed his jaw to tremble. He's never had someone like you who would show him a new angle that he couldn't see. He wanted someone like you to guide him through that path. The path of love and acceptance. He felt like he would be hopeless if he were to lose you. So from that day, he made an oath to himself, reassuring that you would never leave him but if you ever did, he will get you back no matter what. Because he deemed you as someone very precious and important to him.

"I'll never let you go."