Reigen

After school, you waited outside at the same place where you last saw Mob. You wondered why he seemed a little different than usual today. You fumbled your fingers together, feeling anxious on what Mob had planned today. You feel something heavy pressing onto your chest, causing you to take bigger breaths than usual. You shook your head to forget anything that could give you negative energy. 

"I can't keep being like this when I'm with him," You thought as you took one deep breath to calm your nerves. Maybe some tea before bedtime might help. You wanted to push your personal problems aside to spare some positive vibes for your good friend. 

"Tsubomi-chan, are you alright?" 

You hear Mob's voice from a far distance. You turned to the gates to see Mob helping a girl after she had tripped. Mob lends her a hand to stand on her two feet again. The girl named Tsubomi patted her skirt from the gritty pebbles sticking at her bottom. She dusts off her shirt while Mob picked up her bag for her, patiently holding onto it. You've never seen Mob's eye gleam in awry as his face turned pink. Tsubomi paid little to no attention to his expression and grabs her bag from him.

"Thanks." Tsubomi responded in a plain manner.

"It's been so long since we last talked. How have you been---"

"I have to go." She cuts him off without a smile or even a look, turning  to walk away from him.

" Okay! I-I'll see you tomorrow, Tsubomi-chan!" Mob waved happily. Tsubomi didn't care to reply nor react and continued on walking. You approached Mob as he continues to stare at her from behind, admiring her figure as it is shined by the bright sun. His eyes were still sparkling with glee as he rests his waving hand to his chest.

"Mob, you okay?" You asked.

"Did you see that? She... Held my hand!" Mob lifts his palm from his chest now to his hot cheek, caressing it. 

"Only to stand. Who's she?" You responded.

"That's Tsubomi-chan. We go back a long way. Isn't she a beauty?" It was clear that Mob adored this girl.

"You seem to really like her," You figured as you continued walking with Mob.

"Her hand was so soft, her hair is so silky and she smells like cherry blossoms." Mob rambled on and on about her as you replied with a boring and sarcastic "wow" or a "that's great". You clearly saw the way Tsubomi treated Mob, as if he was nonexistent or some stranger. You didn't seem impressed with her attitude towards Mob. Still, you wanted to support him no matter what.

"Right! I almost forgot. Let's drop this bag off to my master first before we hang out." Mob cleared his throat as he leads you the way to his workplace.

"Your master... Do you think he can help me figure out my situation if I talked to him?" You wondered.

"Master Reigen knows everything. He's very wise and understanding." 

"Hopefully I sort out my mess. But anything can help." You sighed.

"We can talk to master Reigen together, (name). You just have to believe that you can do it." Mob replied as he pats you on the shoulder for comfort. You appreciated Mob's full support to encourage your situation to get better. 

"Oh Mob. We need more people like you in the world," You let out a small laugh.

"That was my line," Mob laughed with you.

As you reached the place, Mob knocks on the door to his master's office. You imagine Mob's master being old with a white beard and mustache, wearing traditional clothing. You imagine different arrangements made to the office like a voodoo doll or a small shrine filled with candles. You couldn't wait to talk to Mob's master whom he greatly respects and talks highly of. Whoever this person is, Mob definitely admires him.

"Come in," You hear a young man's voice.

Mob opens the door, revealing a man who doubted all of your expectations. No shrine, no dolls nor a statue to support a religion, faith, or belief. And just like that, the stereotypes went out the window. The room was just an ordinary office. And within that office sat an ordinary business man counting his money. The room smelled of cigarettes, that's for sure.

"Good evening, Master Reigen."

"Oh, Mob. You're here." Reigen quickly shoves his small stack of money in his pocket as his eyes turned to you, who stood by the door, hesitating to walk in.

"Ah, step inside my office young lady. No need to be so shy." Reigen beckons you to enter as you took a step to stand slightly behind Mob. You laced your fingers together, lowering your head. Reigen could already tell that you were the girl Mob was talking about. Mob doesn't usually talk about any other girls so he figured it was you. He shoved his hands in his pocket and puffed out his chest, attempting to make an impression that he's the wise man that Mob has been talking about. 

"You're the girl who's having trouble talking to your mother." Reigen spoke in confidence.

"How did you know?" You gasped. 

"I can sense the negative energy from you before you came here," Reigen smirked as he stroked his chin. He noticed his teapot was steaming from his small burner and turned it off, setting the pot on a small coffee table by the couches.

"That's impressive, Master Reigen." Mob praised.

"Ah, Mob. You brought the stuff I asked for?" Reigen asked.

"Yes. It's all in this bag." Mob hands the bag to his boss.

"What's it for?" You wondered.

"Gadgets to help track ghosts. It's for my client. Tomorrow, I'll be meeting him." Reigen explained.

"Come, take a seat and talk to me. I'll pour you some fresh tea." Reigen gestured as he leads you to sit on the nearby couch setting down the backpack to his side.

"Do you charge?" You asked as you reached for your small coin bag.

"No need. Since you are a friend of Mob, all I ask in return is that you spread the word that I am here to help guide people in need of help." He spoke in a proper manner.

You nodded your head and sat beside Mob, across from Reigen, watching the business man pour tea into three small cups.

"You do not need to be specific for confidential purposes. I will try my best to help you in any way that I can. I understand that it's not easy getting along with parents nowadays." Reigen explained.

"Now, 

tell me about your mother."