Chapter.13

Reckless.

Jonathan slowly opened the door and the computer light reflected off his eyes along with someone else. Once he seen Bryce sleeping in the chair he smiled faintly, picking the blonde up bridal style. When he went to move a book fell from the blondes hand and the sound of a message echoed causing his attention to turn to the computer screen where he seen Ryan's nickname. He clenched his jaw as his grip tightened on his boyfriend.

The only thing that annoyed him was this. Jonathan wasn't stupid. Whenever he looked at Bryce he knew that the blondes love for him was slowly dying and who did he blame it on? Ryan Wrecker. One of his friends best friend.

Jonathan laid the blonde down on the bed before taking a seat beside him, blue eyes staring at his lovers pale slim figure. His heart skipped a beat. Bryce's chest slowly rose then fell in sync with his breathing and his golden locks covered the males eyes, he brushed them aside to get a better look at the man's face.

Seeing the battle scars his boyfriend held pained his heart more than anything. His fingertip gently brushed over the blondes busted lip before tracing the small bruise on his cheek. It stung him to know he did it.

Jonathan pulled away with a sigh as he looked to the open door with a blank expression. Guilt was setting in. As much as he'd love to admit he trusted Bryce he just couldn't because he knew himself it would be a lie. He used too but then Ryan came into the photo.

Jonathan knew exactly what he had to do. If he wanted to keep this man in his life he had to get rid of Ryan. No matter the cost.

•Ten Hours Later...

Bryce sighed deeply as he shoved the paper back into his boyfriends desk then logged out of his college classes. He tapped his foot before standing up to get his phone which still lay on the coffee table in the living room. Once he grasped it he opened to see it was still on the message Ohm had sent him yesterday.

Bryce: It's cool. What's up?

Ohm: Nothing much man. Just working.

Bryce: oh you want me to leave you alone?

Ohm: Nah, I'm just doing paper work.

Bryce: Oh cool.

Ohm: Hey so I was thinking and maybe we could meet up today for coffee?

Bryce paused for a moment as he stared at that message, his hand gently touching his bruise that lay on his cheek. The man knew about the abuse he suffered but the fear of how he'd react to a recent one scared him. But he wanted to see him more than anything and if that's what it costed he had to give in.

Bryce: Yeah, sounds like a plan.

Ohm: Great I'm getting off now. Meet me at the coffee shop.

Bryce: Wait now?

Ohm: Yup. See you there Bryce! {:

Bryce quickly rushed to his room and threw on his boyfriends dark blue dress up shirt before grabbing a pair of jeans. He shoved his phone in his backpocket after locking the front door, took one last look at the darkened house, and left.

Bryce walked down the street before pulling out his phone to check the time. He knew Jonathan wouldn't be home till late so he didn't have anything to worry about. After that he shoved his phone back in his pocket and made a few turns before entering the shop.

Unlike the diner the shop smelt of coffee and wasn't hinted with the scent of cigarettes; its lighting was bright as well. To Bryce this place was peaceful and calm but too classy for himself. Now if you asked high school him it would be a different story but growing up with a boyfriend who loves cheap things kinda makes you feel like everything has to be cheap and old. Just something he picked up from his boyfriend over the years.

The blonde began to fiddle with his thumbs as he awaited company from his friend. He sighed.

"You look lonely. Need a friend?"

That voice made him look up and smile once he realized the hazel eyed male was smirking. His smirk quickly faded once he seen the bruise on the blondes cheek. "Bryce what happened?" He asked worriedly as his fingertips brushed against the tender skin. Bryce didn't say a word as he looked into the hazel eyes that stared at the purple spot until he finally answered, "I fell.."

Ryan pulled back and glared at him, "He hit you didn't he?" Those words made him fall silent as his eyes tore from the other. The older got his answer then. "Goddamn it Bryce you're lucky I don't fucking kill him!" His voice rose and the blonde looked around to see some people were beginning to stare. Feeling uneasy, he grasped the olders wrist and pulled him into the seat in front of him.

"Don't worry about it Ryan. I fell." Bryce brushed it off as he smiled faintly at the man in front of him. But he found that though he was lying the other seen right through it and nothing he said could unsee it. "Bryce please tell me you left him.." The blondes smile faded at that as the sound of other people talking rushed between them.

Ryan knew.

"Bryce.." He began, taking the blondes hand. "I care about you okay? Please.." Ryan looked dead into his eyes as he paused for a moment. "If he does it again tell me.."

Bryce stared back into those sinful hazel eyes that were filled with kindness and concern. His heart fluttered as he had to take a deep breath as if to catch the air he had lost. Bryce looked down at the fair skinned hand before looking back up into the man's eyes.

"I swear.."