Chapter 1

Trying to not think about the accident was the hardest.

'What if this was my fault?'

'What if he's dead?'

'Just stop thinking negative, Yuna. I'm sure he's fine and you'll get out of here in no time ... Your father is fine'

I continued to tell myself that as hours passed by.

-----

I woke up to the sound of silence and a peak of sunlight from my curtains. I quickly looked to my right for the time, bringing my hand over the the desk next to me, finding the clock and pulling it close to my face.

8:30

I jumped up from my bed realizing, I was already ten minutes late on my first day.

My mother was gone on a business trip for the week so I had no one to wake me up .

Scrambling through the clothes on the floor I finally reached my closet trying to find something simple as always. I ended up grabbing a black pair of jeans and a loose white tee for my top. Putting that on I walked out of my house, keys in my hand, I turned on the car quickly and drove to school.

8:45

I had no time to do my hair at home, so I grabbed a hair tie from the front pocket of my backpack and tied it up in a messy bun.

Everyone already in their classes, I walked into the school and put my stuff away as quickly as I could. Fumbling down the hallway with stuff dropping out of my hands I reached my first class, psychology.

I opened the door, putting my head down so I wouldn't make any contact with others. I sat in the back, in a separate desk. I couldn't hear anyone talking after I put my stuff down, so I slowly looked up. To my surprise, they weren't looking at me, but someone else who entered the classroom late. He entered the classroom with a small smirk looking down. Wearing black jeans, a white shirt, and a black sweatshirt, unzipped. Dark hair, dark eyes, and a tan complexion. He entered the classroom slowly after standing there for a few seconds, he sat in the back of the classroom as I did.

I brought my gaze back to the teacher, so he wouldn't notice that I was looking at him. Im sure it didn't matter at this point, because the rest of the class was doing the same as I was, admiring his structure and looks.

It seemed as if he never looked up nor did he say a word, unless it was to look at the clock on the wall. He just sat there, breathing slowly and looking down at his desk.

For a person who walked in with a smirk and what seemed like confidence, it didn't seem to make an affect the rest of the class. Even though he didn't say a word, the girls continued to drool over him. New boy, new toy.

The bell finally rang and he stood up quicker than the rest of the class, he glanced at me before leaving the classroom, I just sat there motionless before he left the room. The girls continued to talk about him as I left the class with my stuff in my hands.

I walked out of the classroom and entered the hallway to the next class I had.

The day passed by quickly, but so far I hadn't seen the new boy anywhere else in the school. Not that it mattered where he was because I didn't even know who he was, he just interested me.

---

When I pulled into the driveway of my house, I noticed that my mother's car was also there. She's home this early? She told me she would be gone for a week.

I opened the door, stepping out of my car, I realized that the front door was left propped open. My eyebrows narrowed as I entered the front door and cautiously entered the house. To my surprise as I walked in, I found my mom's coat laid on the floor, which she never did and pieces of glass on the floor ahead of the jacket, along with some kind of wine.

Oh god.

"M-mom?" I whispered quietly, turning the corner to the kitchen. I saw here that at the kitchen table, sleeping next to to several papers.

I slowly walked towards her, stepping over each piece of glass as cautiously as I could. When I reached the kitchen table, I grabbed the pieces of paper that were laying next to her and scanned over them.

A complaint from a patient had gotten her fired, from her now third well paying job. I couldn't help but feel bad, because I know how hard she tried, but this must've been the hardest one yet.

I poked her shoulder slightly and she shrugged my finger off and continued to sleep. I could see her smeared makeup and rag of a hair. I frowned to the sight her, and continued to poke her "mom, go up to your bed if you want to sleep, don't lay here it must be uncomfortable"

She didn't respond. After what I did to my father, I could tell at this point she would never forgive me.

----

Flashback -

"Yuna, don't you dare leave this house, you need to stay here and care for your sister, I have to go to work to keep this * roof over your head!" my mother yelled from the kitchen as I was about to leave.

I did not respond to her complaint and slammed the door behind me, rushing to my car. I put the key in ignition, and backed out of the driveway not paying any attention to what I was doing, tears blocking my sight.

That's when I heard a loud noise from the back of my car. My eyes widened as i stepped on the brakes and wiped the tears from my face. I looked at the time

6:00 pm

The time that my father usually got from home, and that's when I realized I had hit my father. I quickly opened the door from my car and rushed back to the rear of the car. There my father was on the floor, unconscious, and pieces from the newspaper next to him.

Tears began to flood my eyes once again as I shook my dad, trying to get him to wake up. "Dad, I'm sorry I didn't mean to, please wake up" I choked out, tear falling from my cheeks.

-----

Sorry the majority of this chapter was emo, but uh I hope u like :)

I will try to update as soon as I can + next chapter I will be introducing new characters.