Chapter 3

I scooted a few inches away from where he was once again.

Don't get me wrong, Jaebum was an attractive guy, but his personality just ruined it. 

Claire was oblivious to how uncomfortable I was. She was too busy drooling over her new found boyfriend. They had just gotten together about 2 weeks ago, Claire was head over heels since. I couldn't really read the expressions on Mark's face. He either was faking it or he just loved her that much.  

I was the same way with Jaebum when we were first together, but then I really got to know him. He would always drag me places and lie to me. He never let me talk to any other guys, even if they were just an assigned partner from the teacher.

He had gotten with me before the accident happened. He was the one that lead me to run over my dad. The night of the accident I was rushing out of the house because I was scared of what he would do if I didn't follow his directions and go to his house. I was flustered and in a rush, and ran over my own father. 

After the accident I didn't break up with him, as you assume I would. He scared me and I couldn't find a way to break up with him. 

It took awhile but the month after the accident I finally got the guts to say something. He didn't take it softly and still acted as if we were in a relationship. 

I imagine he probably told Claire that we back together, and invited himself here for dinner with his friend Mark. 

"Miss ..." I heard someone say as they were waving their hand in front of my face. I blinked several times, bringing my gaze up to the server.

"Oh, uh I'll just have water ... Thanks" 

She nodded her head "Would you guys like more time?" 

"Yes, please" Claire said right after the server asked. 

The server nodded once more before walking away. 

 The rest of the night I never said a word. I always felt Jaebums stare, but never looked at him once. We all ate our food and Mark payed the bill.

I was the first one to stand up out of the booth and fixed the bottom of my dress that Jaebum was fiddling with the whole dinner. 

"Bye Yuna, I'll call you tomorrow" Jaebum said with a smirk. 

I scoffed and walked out of the building. 

I expected Claire to come alone after seeing what had happened with Jaebum a few minutes ago. But I was wrong. She brought Mark along with her, always hanging over his shoulder. 

I rolled my eyes and walked out the building, just ready to get home. 

-----

*Flashback*

"Come on Yuna, there will be so many people there, including your boyfriend" she winked at me, nudging me a little bit. 

I smiled to the thought of him.

"Claire, you know I have to stay here with my father to take care of my sister, he doesn't even know how to cook a dinner that isn't a frozen tv dinner" I chuckled.  

"Put something out before we go, please Yuna?" she whined

"Fine," I sighed "just this once" 

I quickly made some spaghetti and put it in the fridge for my father and sister. My mother was away for a business trip as usual, so I was the one to make the dinners. 

Claire pulled me out of the house once I finished the spaghetti. I wasn't dressed in anything special, but I guess it was enough. 

Last time I was at a party I met Jaebum. We got together and had only been together for a week since, so I guess you could call this our 'second date'.

We reached the party after about a 30 minute drive. Claire hopped out of the car and dragged me towards her friends who had hosted the party. She introduced me to them, but they didn't seem too intrigued, going back to their original conversation. 

At this moment I didn't care, I just wanted to find Jaebum.

I found him in the hallway of the house, next to the stairs, talking to his friends with a drink in his hand. I started walking towards him and stopped to his right. 

He brought his gaze to me and stared in my eyes.

A smirk was placed on his face "Yuna" he said in a deep tone. 

I smiled slightly, a bit nervous of what the other boys thought of me because they kept staring as well. 

Mark, one of his friends gave him a slight punch on his arm as if saying 'bye' and walked away with the rest of his friends. 

I looked back and saw the group of boys heading towards Claire and her friends, I could already tell Mark and Claire liked each other so I brought my attention back to Jaebum. 

When I turned my head back, he was already towering over me. "I want to bring you somewhere, Yuna" he breathed, I could smell the alcohol from his breath.

"O-ok, where" I stepped back a bit.

"Somewhere..." he grabbed my wrist and dragged me upstairs. 

"J-jaebu-" before I could say anything he gripped my wrist tighter.

*end of flashback* 

"Yuna, we're here" Claire said waving her hand in front of my face. I brought my head up from resting it on my arm and looked at her with a blank face.

"I dropped Mark off at his house because I was worried about you, whats up?" She gave me worried look. 

"I'd rather not say..." I looked up to see we were at my house "anyways, thanks for the ride Claire" I said faintly, unbuckling my seatbelt heading out of the car. 

Sorry this chapter was only about the past relationship with Jaebum and Yuna. I wanted to write something about her past, to go more in depth.

- Jordan