Chapter 4

I grabbed my phone that was sitting in the cup holder of the car and walked to the front of my house, opening the door. I saw that the glass was cleaned up from the floor and nothing was on the floor. 

Closing the door behind me, I headed upstairs. Before I headed to my room I checked my mothers room. She was in the bed sound asleep, her hand stretched over to the side where my father used to lay. 

I closed the room door slowly. Not making a sound, I headed to my room. 

I set my phone on the drawer next to my bed and changed into more comfortable clothes before I headed to bed. 

Once I finished undressing and putting comfy clothes on I shut off the light switch and headed over to the bed. I rolled to my side and laid there for awhile with my eyes wide open, unable to go to sleep with all the thoughts flooding through my head. 

Because I couldn't go to sleep, I decided to grab my phone to see if Claire had said anything after I left her car.

There was a text message, but it wasn't from Claire, it was from an unknown number. 

Unkown : Who is he?

I stared at my phone a while, thinking of who it could be. I hadn't given my number to anyone recently.

 I had no idea.

Me : I'm sorry, who is this?

The person responded right away after that 

Unknown : That doesn't matter, who is the boy you were sitting by at the restaurant? 

I didn't even bother responding after that because I was too freaked out. Could it be my dad? he was always protective of me ... is he alive?

If he was, he would tell me who he was.  

I must be dreaming.

Minutes later, my phone rang. I debated whether to answer it or not, but I assumed they would never stop bothering me if I didn't. 

Me: H-hello?

A boy's voice replied.

Unkown : Who is he?

Me : I don't even know who you are, why are you asking me this?

Unknown : I'm Jungkook he blatantly responded 

Me : Jungkook? I don't know you. How did you get my number?

Unknown/Jungkook : You do know me, and I got it from Jimin.

I didn't respond after that 

Unknown/Jungkook : Now, are you going to tell me who he is?

Me : His name is Jaebum, he's my boyfriend.

I hung up after that and set my phone on top of the drawer, covering myself back up with the blankets. 

What mistake had I just made?

--------

The next day and I didn't want to wake up. It was the weekend, but I still had work at 8 am and it was already 7 am. 

I threw the covers off of my body and pulled my feet over the bed to touch the cold hardwood floor. 

I stood up and walked out of my room to the shower. I took about a 20 minute shower and blow dried my hair afterwards. I straightened my hair a bit more, even though it was already naturally straight, it was a bit messy.  

I applied some light make-up because It was already 7:45 and I had no time to do anything else. 

I threw on my work clothes after that and slipped on my shoes before heading out the door. 

I hopped in my car and started it, backing out of the driveway. 

I reached the restaurant that I worked at within 15 minutes and signed myself in quickly, before my boss could see I was a bit late.

I grabbed the black apron that held all the straws and the 'waiter wallet' and tied it around my waist before heading out to serve people.

The restaurant served all breakfast, lunch, and dinner ... but we get the most service during the morning. I chose to work here because I usually only see older people here and occasionally younger people, but rarely people from my school. 

When I turned the corner, that's when I saw a group of boys from my school, including Jimin, Tae, Namjoon, Yoongi, Jin, Hoseok, and the new boy. How ironic.

I hid behind the wall that was next to me and put my head to the back wall. I sighed and turned my head over to my right and saw my boss.

"Yuna, is there something wrong? ..." he said coming closer with concern.

"Oh, uh no s-sorry" I grabbed the black wallet from the pocket of my apron and flipped through the tiny pieces of paper before I found an empty slip. 

I smiled awkwardly at my boss, trying to hide the fact that I was a bit nervous, it didn't work so well, so I just walked away. 

When I finally reached their table I saw they were all laughing at something stupid hoseok was doing. I couldn't keep my eyes off of the new boy.

I cleared my throat, "hi my name is Yuna, I will be your server today ... can I start you off with something to drink?" 

The boys smile faded once he saw me, but the rest of the boys were still slightly smiling, Jin still laughing. Jungkooks face went blank. 

"Hi, Yuna" Jimin said. 

I didn't say anything back, just waiting for their response to my question.

They sat there in silence till jin finally spoke up "we'll all just have water, thanks" he smiled slightly at me. 

I closed the black wallet an slipped it in my apron before walking off to get them glasses of water. I set the glasses that I had filled up onto a black tray and carried it over to the boys.

When I returned, I no longer saw Jungkook sitting at the table, only the rest of the boys. 

I set down the drinks.

"Yuna?..." Jimin asked "I thought you were no longer with Jaebum?"

----------

- Jordan