Chapter Three; A Beach Breeze

Harriet rushes out of the cottage in the early morning, heading towards the nearby beach. She looks over the grassy cliff edges at the rough Cornish seas, the salty air freshening her lungs. Her thoughts carry her away, loosing the world around her completely.

She was soon rudely interrupted, by a familier man.

"Harriet, where have ye been? I've been lookin' all over for thee!" Her fiancé exclaims, putting a firm hand on her shoulder, she immediately shakes it off without hesitation.

"Leave, Patrick." Harriet whispers nervously.

"Nay, I ain't leavin'! We be goin' home now." Patrick claims, gripping Harriets arm tightly. She tries to squirm away, with no luck.

"LET GO OF ME, HELP!" She screeches hopelessly.

Thankfully, just in time, Dwight was passing by and saw the pair.

"Harriet?" He questions, in utter confusion.

"Dwight, help!" She shouts desperatly as Patrick breaks into a speedy run, dragging Harriet with him.

Dwight gallops towards them, almost immediately catching up with them. He balances on his horse and scoops Harriet up into his arms, his horse galloping far away from Patrick. Harriet clings onto Dwights chest, silent tears rolling down her pale cheeks.

"Are you okay, did he hurt you?" Dwight asks, the horse coming to a stop.

"Not physically." She mumbles, clambering off the horse, quickly entering Dwight's house.

He shakes his head, entering his house and resuming his doctoring research, trying desperatly to focus properly.

"What's annaseed used for?" Harriet asks, reading from one of the bottles.

"It's one of natures remedies." He answers simply, focusing on the medical records spread in front of him. Beads of sweat appear on his forehead, his knees wobbling slightly.

"Are you okay? You look ill." She asks, placing a hand across his forehead.

"I'm, uhm fine." He stutters, turning his head away from Harriet.

Dwight knocks on the Poldark household door and waits patiently.

"Dwight, are you well?" Demelza asks as she opens the wooden door.

"Yes, I am indeed. I'm in need of some company, is Ross home?" Dwight asks, following Demelza into their small kitchen, her dog, Garrick at his heels.

"No he's not, he's in town for buisness. I am sorry it was a wasted journey." She says, chucking logs on the fire.

"May I join you for supper?" Dwights asks, bending down to stoke Garrick.

"Aye, that you can."

"You need to talk to her about how you feel." Demelza advises.

After they eventually had their supper, Demelza was inclined to ask about Dwight and Harriet. After all, rumours were spread about the two.

"I simply cannot. Whenever I see her my legs buckle underneath me, my throat dries up and my voice becomes a deep tone. I don't know women at all, I don't know what to say, how to act. What am I to do?" Dwight expresses, resting his head in his hands in utter dispair, for he had only just met the girl and here he was, head over heels in love with her.

"You are to tell her how you feel."

cliff hanger

Soz

SO I JUST WATCHED SEASON 2 FINALE AND I NOW HAVE TO WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR DAMMIT

But I know what happens next season and it seems hella dramatic for Enys and Ross let me tell you

Private message me if you want me to tell you what happens😏

You know you wanna know🙃🤓