Chapter Four; A Slight Infection

Dwight, without a shadow of a doubt, was one of the kindest doctors in Cornwall. He was well-mannered and extremely clever. He certainly knew what he was doing, which was a relief for the villagers around the Poldark house and mine, because they could not afford for treatment and health care. Dwight did his job for free, only earning money from scraps of payment and when he attended to the richer side of Cornwall, like George Warleggen and Francis Poldark's close family. Other than that, he had no steady wage.

"Dwight, I have news from my father." Harriet calls, walking into his study, where he was dissecting an animal heart.

"Is he well?" Dwight asks politely, looking up from his work.

"In some respect, yes. However, he wishes me to return to Patrick." She mumbles, her head hanging.

Dwight took a shaky breath and placed his large hand on her small shoulder.

"You do not have to do it. Stay with me for a while. You don't have to go back to him." Dwight ensures, looking deeply into her pale blue eyes.

"I do not wish to cause rows, Dwight."

"I understand."

Harriet left Dwights' cottage, leaving him in shock. She was returning to her abusive and unfaithful husband and he could do nothing about it.

He sighed, returning to his medicine studies, for he had nothing else to do. He missed having someone to talk to while he worked, even if the questions were ever so slightly annoying.

However, it was too late now. She was going back and he could change nothing, to his despair.

He had a love infection.

//

Short chapter but there you go. I'm so excited for season three!

Please vote comment and follow💗