Telling Toriel

Frisk happily bounded down the stairs to tell Toriel. "Goat mom! I..."

"You wish to know how to return 'home', do you not? Ahead of us lies the end of the RUINS. A one-way exit to the rest of the underground. I am going to destroy it. No one will ever be able to leave again. Now be a good child and go upstairs."

"No, I don't care about that! I need to ask you something!"

"I'm am only protecting you child. Go to your room."

Toriel started to walk farther down the corridor until Frisk grabbed her hand. "No." Frisk said sternly. "You will explain yourself right now."

Toriel was taken aback. "My child, this needs to be-"
"Not that. This." Frisk held up the calendar with the circled date. Toriel reached out and grabbed the calendar from Frisk. "Where did you get this?" Said Toriel, softly stroking the calendar. Her eyes were glistening, full of remembrance.

"That doesn't matter. What matters is WHY you have it. This date is very special to me and I need to know why you've circled it." Frisk stood still, unwavering. Toriel knew she wouldn't stop until she found out.

"That date means something important to me too. Maybe the best day of my life." Frisk heard a release of pain in her head. Almost like that information was a relief to the voice.

"Chara, this date-" Toriel was cut off.
"Wait, what? Why did you call me Chara? My name is Frisk."
"Oh, I'm sorry. Frisk, the -"
"How do you know that name? Does that mean, you know her? You know Chara?"

"Yes I know her." Frisk could see a gleam behind Toriels eyes. Toriel snapped back to the conversation. "Have you ever meet her?"

"I've only known her since birth! She's my twin sister. Not identical, but close enough."

Toriel stared at the child. Her eyes were wide and her body was stiff. "Please tell me you are joking child."

"I'm sorry to disappoint, but I can't do that."

"How... how are you still alive? It's been at least a hundred years since Chara came."
"You too?" Said Frisk, annoyed that everyone was getting the date wrong. "It's only been a year since Chara came!"
"My child, the year is 211X. Chara was here a long, long, time ago..."

Frisk paused."I fell down in 201X. I woke up in 211X? How does that make sense?"

...

"My child, I believe you might have been in a coma. I've heard that it preserves your body while you stay a sleep for a very, long time. I read this in a book of mine that says snails regularly have comas!"(not true but keep reading) Toriel looked very happy at the fact she knew that.

"I... I... I..." Frisk was at a loss for words. All she could think of was that sis was most definitely gone. Chara wasn't here anymore. Chara is dead.

"My child, perhaps after I finish this you can stay with me! We could be happy together." Frisk shook her head. "I... need to be alone."

Toriel looked mildly annoyed, but hurried upstairs anyway. Right before she reached the top of the stairs she called back down "Do whatever you wish, but if you want to leave, please tell me before you leave."

Frisk watched as Toriel finished her ascent up the stairs. As soon as she was out of view, Frisk fell to her knees. She put her hands over her face and started to cry. The voice in her head was speechless. It thought the child was strong from what it remembered. From what it could grasp from its early memories as a child on the surface. As sweet, innocent, Chara.

A/N- Thank you everybody for all the reads! It's really fun to write and I'm glad I'm entertaining you with my crappy writing! Thanks for sticking with me this long!!!

Megan~~
OUT 🎤 ⬇️