Chapter 1

"Can you just make sure you watch over her ?" My dad said as him and my brother Nic stood in the frame of the front door. "Alright pop i gotcha but i'm going ball today so she gonna have to come to the court with me." he told him.

"That's fine just make sure no one messes with her ass, you know how yo friends is" He said before walking towards me.

"Baby girl you spending the day with Nick and Nijah today , i have to work till 9 . I'll be on time i promise guys." He said .

"Your gonna be ok ?" He asked me. "Yes sir." i said as i looked up at him. He gave me a half smile and kissed my forehead. "I want this house cleaned spotless by time i get home tonight ." he said before opening the door again. "Fine !" Nijah said.

In seconds my dad was gone and i was left alone with my brothers and their friends.

My older brother Nick and his best friend Johnathan were playing some type of mortal combat game while my second oldest brother Nijah was in the kitchen attempting to cook himself a pork chop.

"Nani you want some to eat , Yo dumbass brother gone hurt his self in that kitchen." Nayrn's friend Alex asked me. I took out one of my headphones and sat up in the couch. "No thank you i'm not really hungry." I said as i looked at him. "I'll just get you some shrimp pasta or something while i get us a pizza." he said as he passed me and patted my head. "Thank you ." i said as i sat back into my comfortable spot in the couch. I've been around my brothers friends so much that they are starting to catch on to me. I shook my head and put my headphone back in. "So we going ball today or what ?" Nijah asked the guys from the kitchen. "Yea but what we gone do with Nina ?" Jackson asked.

"What you mean what we gone do ? She practically another brother. She hang out so much with us it feel like it." Johnathan said. "But she a whole female like why would she wanna be round a bunch of niggas." Jackson said smartly. "Man not to much on my sister fool cause i'm a hundred percent sure she can whoop yo ass." Nick said. I smiled a little.

They were just talking about me like i wasn't in the same room as them.

"I got a question Nani ." Daniel Nick's other friend asked me from the other side of the couch. "And what would that be?" I asked .

"Why you related to these ass wholes?" He questioned as he focused on his phone . I gave him a strange look. "I don't understand the question." I laughed.

"Why you so nice to people, when the people you hang round most so mean ?" He laughed as he restated the question.

" Because that's how civilized people act." I said as i turned my face up at him. "Aww boy baby girl fried you." Johnathan said laughing . "Baby girl with the comebacks ." Nijah said as he appeared out of no where.

"Why you questioning my sister anyway?" Nick asked as he paused his game and turned around in the kitchen table chair .

"Because every time i see y'all she not to far behind. An y'all are like some real life ass wholes but she not , and i wanna know why ." he said as he laughed and turned back to me. "Because my sister got some fucking manors that's why." Nick said as he turned back around to his game. "She always been like that though . She always been the good one ." Nijah said as he put air quotes around good. "She's like one of the boys according to everyone ." Johnathan laughed as he looked back at me and winked.

I didn't say anything i just sat back and listened to the guys talk about how "Good" i am.

After Nathan got home we all headed to the basketball court that was not far from our house.

I hated coming here. Either the guys were trash players or they gloated because they made a simple free throw. Oh and there was the little part of my brothers friends trying to hit on me. They tried any and everything on me. I've seen my brothers run game on plenty of girls so anything they tried i already knew.

"So baby girl when you gonna give me a chance ?" Christian , a boy from Nijah's Alternative school asked.

"How about the 31st of February? I'll be free then." I asked him as i continued to watch the guys play. "That's a bet mama ." he said an winked at me.

"Did you just say 31st of february?" Josh asked me . "Yea that's exactly what i said." I laughed a little.

"You another Nick man i tell you the truth." He laughed. I got that a lot around here. I was sarcastic like him , i was smart like him , an i had a temper like him.

As i sat on the metal bleachers watching Nathan dunk on some freshman my phone dinged.

Dad 💙: is house clean ?

Nina : we on way home dad .

"Nick !" i screamed. He stopped on the middle of the court and looked at me. Everyone stopped and looked towards me. Nijah looked mad. He must have thought someone was messing with me.

I motioned for him to come over to me. He ran over and sat in front of me. "Wassup baby girl."

"Dad just asked was the house cleaned , i told him we were on our way home." i said into his ear.

"That's a bet , you got all yo stuff you came with ?" He asked me as he told Nijah and Nathan to come on.

"Yea i do."

"Alright go start the car , i might have you drive home . I'm tired than a bitch." he said as he pulled his muscle shirt over his head. "You got all yo stuff ?" Nijah asked me. "Yes ." I laughed.

I grabbed Nicks keys to his truck and my earphones and ran to the truck. i got in the front seat and slammed the door closed. i put the keys in the ignition and pulled my seat belt across my chest and clicked it.

The guys piled into the truck and i sat up on my ankle. "Damn she still can't see fully over the wheel ?" Nijah laughed. "I bet i can back out and park better than you , and i don't even have a license." I said as i pulled onto the street and began driving home.

"Fuck we still gotta clean ." Nathan said as he hit the back of my seat. "Oh be quiet, I got it just go clean the kitchen." I said to them as I backed up into our yard.