Parties Are About As Emotionally Fulfilling As Brussel Sprouts

I know as of right now this has only been read like twice, and let's be honest those are probably from me, but if anyone ever reads my story, please tell me what you think?

*************************

This probably sounds like every cheesy romance novel that starts out with a party and everything is fine and dandy and the girl meets the guy and blah blah blah but trust me, that's not exactly how it turned out. It was definitely more boring than that.

It was currently Friday after school and since the first time I had gotten a glance at the new kid, I'd only seen him around a couple of times but the talk about him was big. Apparently he was kind of a jerk, good with "the ladies", seeing as how he's barely been here a week and he's slept with a handful of the girls here. But the biggest thing about him was his anger. He was already known to start a fight at the smallest display of disrespect. On one hand it was something I admired, of course I didn't really take shit, but I'd never been in a fight before...I kinda wanted to know what it felt like. Now, don't get me wrong, my time in highschool hasn't been the easiest, I have definitely had my tormentors, but I never hesitated to fight back... *awkwardly smiles* I mean, with words at least.

Anyways back on track - 

It was Friday after school and I was getting ready with Ria and Karmen, or at least trying to while simultaneously trying not to gauge my eyes out with a rusty spoon. 

They had not given me a choice when it came to what I was wearing to the party, which was a black halter type dress. It was tight and showed off my curves with the top being covered in sequins and lace. I have to admit, it was gorgeous but honestly, it deserved to be worn by someone better looking than me. I was forced to add black pumps to the mix and against Ria's advice, I kept my hair down in its naturally curly state. I don't know why but I've always felt exposed when my hair is up, I hated the feeling...

Karmen and Ria both wore dresses as well - Ria wore a loosely fitting peach colored dress with nude heels, while Karmen wore a red high waisted skirt with a black lacy long sleeve shirt that she paired with pumps similar to mine. Both of them had their hair and makeup done to perfection. Karmen put her hair up in a messy bun while Ria slightly ruffled up her short hair.

The boys were supposed to pick us up any minute now so the three of us went downstairs to Karmen's main room and chilled on the couch for a few minutes until the doorbell rang. Seph didn't bother waiting for us to answer the door before he and Jay came barging in being their usual loud selves.

"THE PARTY'S HERE BITCHES!!!" Jay just rolled his eyes at his brothers loud mouth and let his eyes wander until they reached me. I couldn't tell what he was thinking by his expression but a slight blush covered his cheeks before he looked away.

Okay...Weird?

Karmen simply made a face at Seph and politely told everyone to get the fuck out of her house so we could leave. I followed behind everyone, grumbling about how I didn't even want to be here until Ria smacked me lightly in the back of the head.

"Shush, you know you need to get out more often Rams, you've been working your ass off, don't you deserve some booze and boys?" Both her and Karmen laughed at that but I saw an annoyed look cross over Jay's face. When I looked to Seph, mentally asking "what's his deal?", he just shrugged and opened the doors to the back for us girls.

The ride was fairly short considering our town was small, everything was within a 20 minute drive, or less. When we had left, we only had a vague idea of where the new guys house was but once we got to the street, it was obvious which house was his. To say it was huge would be an understatement. Not even "a small loan of a million dollars" would be a fraction of the cost of this friggin house.