Chapter 44: Maya

After dinner my mother heads up to get ready for an exhibit of a new movie coming out involving one of her actress friends, meaning she'll take approximately 2 hours to get ready. After all, appearance is everything to her.

"What are you doing tonight?" Harvey questions me and I immediately want to go to my room to avoid him but my mother said I had to stay down with him or Gigi would have to go back home. Obviously I spared Gigi the pain of waiting down here with him but my mother never mentioned anything about conversation so I just turn to glare at him.

"Staying here, with Gigi. Isn't that obvious?"

"Your attitude is unacceptable. You should respect me more."

"I don't like you and we both know I'm here because of a blackmail so leave me alone."

"What happened with that boy you left with the other day?"

My eyes grow wider. How does he know?

"Nothing." I reply, looking away.

"Well, Maya. You just gave yourself away. See I am an expert when it comes to lying and I can see you're a terrible liar. So let me repeat again, what happened with that boy?"

"Nothing!"

He stays quiet before leaning into my ear once again.

"Cale will never like you. Too bad he hasn't told you about his past with women." And with that he gets up and heads to the kitchen.

What does he mean?

What does he know?

How does he know Cale's name or that he's the one I saw that night.

None of this adds up.