Chapter 62: Cale

I stare in the direction that Gigi left, my eyes looking at nothing in particular, just open as I think to myself. Gigi's so defensive. Nothing that happens in my life has anything to do with her and yet she wants to know everything. There may be a reason why I didn't tell Maya so I don't see why Gigi would be more entitled to know.

I hear my phone ring in my pocket and curse to myself. I check the name.

Mom...

Ew. I don't even call her that anymore. She doesn't deserve anything near that title. Not after she did. Not after she meddled with my once again. I initially choose to ignore the ringing phone but then I think against it and pick up.

"What?" I ask her, hostility already in my voice.

I don't trust this woman.

"Well, hello to you too." She replies, her voice and no love in it.

Just as I like it, then I can look at her as a stranger.

"What do you want?" I hiss.

"Honey I know your friend, Mia-"

"Maya, and don't call me that." I cut her.

"Well whatever, Maya has been hit by a car but she's in a coma. The chances are of her waking up in the next 24h are 0 to none. So come back home and rest."

"I prefer staying in the hospital."

"But there are no beds for-"

"I don't care. It's better than having you breathing down my neck." I spit at her.

She goes silent for a second.

"I know you hate me but do you have to remind me every time we speak? I have feelings too and hurting them won't take back the years that we spent together. I recognize what I did wasn't right but it didn't feel wrong as I did it. And don't pretend you never wanted it. I never really forced myself on you and at a time you were the one seeking me out, so who's the horrible person now. You wanted me for release, and that's the same as me, so don't talk like you're the perfect victim in all this because there was a time when you understood that kind of relationship between mother and son was inappropriate but you still did it because you wanted to. So don't only blame me! Either way, Jack wants to see you-"

I hang up.

How typical of her to use Jaxk as an excuse to get me home.

I pause, still thinking of what she said. Her words wasn't anything new, but it was something I wanted to forget, never wanted to remember and especially not bring it up in a place like a hospital at this time. Maybe she is crazy. Maybe she does need medical care. I shake my head, unable to properly think as old memories make themselves comfortable in my head once again.

I remember how I used to simply come home and rip her shirt open to get rid of the growing tension and depression in me, to try to avoid the alcohol and the drugs. Maybe sex was enough. But it wasn't. Soon after being done with my mom I would see other girls at parties and repeat the same process. Of course all the girls were willing partners, but the growing pit in my stomach never stopped. Then I met Daisy.

She met all my sexual requirements at first and lead me to slowly move away from it while still remaining by my side and caring for me. Maybe our relationship was more physical but I can't deny the attraction we have for each other.

Perhaps it was always lust and the reason why I hooked up with her twice after I thought I was after Maya was also because of that remaining lust in the bottom of my darkest desires. After all, I haven't done anything extravagant for about a little more than two years. Perhaps seeing her again, apologizing with that beautiful face of hers just unleashed a demon in me that was so well-kept before her appearance. A way of release.

Did I ever like Daisy? Do I like Maya? Or am I simply going to use her too?

No, from the day I met her, I knew she wasn't that type of person and I never imagined her to be. My feelings for her are more than skin deep. It's her experiences, her sadness and pain which never stops to surprise me, like I can't leave her alone, like I have to cuddle her. I don't think about sex around her, I think about her, about how she makes me feel. Sometimes annoyed, upset, guilty, in love. It all depends of the situation, but she has the power to make me feel.

I stand up, heading out to go get a snack then I hear my name before I enter the store. I turn to face it.

Daisy.

I turn away immediately, getting into the store and she follows behind me.

"Wait, Cale!" She begs as she catches hold of my arm. I immediately loop it out of her hold on it and take a step back.

"What?" I question her. "Shouldn't you be happy right now? You got me and Maya's out of the picture. You won."

"Cale you know that's not how I wanted it to go... I just thought-"

"You thought what? By threatening me everything would be easier. The thing is I want to be with Maya. Even though you said you had no choice, you still left. I can't do anything about that and after you left I fixed myself up. With you back here again I don't think I can maintain that steady rhythm."

"Then we can try together..."

"No, Daisy. It's over. I wanted a new life and you're just part of my old life, a painful reminder that I wasn't always stable. And on top of that you disappointed me. The fact that you had to threaten me for me to be with you isn't something the old you would've done. The fact is we both changed."

"I only threatened you because your mom told me too!" I yells.

My body goes numb and I feel a hitch in my throat.

"What?" I croak out.

"Your mom told me to tell you that if you didn't comply and would want to go out with me then to tell you that I would tell Maya about your mom problem."

I stay silent. Stunned. Shocked. She would go that far for me not to move on.

"And what was the plan after that, after Maya would be off limits to even me. What, you would dump me and give me back to her?"

She stays silent looking down at the floor.

"Cale I really wanted to say no but I had no-"

"Choice? Right? I fucking trusted you with my most important secret and you simply used it against me because my mother, the one who has been tormenting me, asked you too? What the fuck is wrong with you Daisy?!"

"Cale, not everything revolves around you. She offered to pay me a lot. Enough for my sister and I to go to college without worrying about debts. I had no choice but to accept."

"Cuz money if so much more important."

"In the world we live in today, it is."

"You disgust me, just walk away. I don't want to see you again."

And with that she simply turns, her blonde hair drifting behind her.

This is why I hate women.

---

Hey guys! Finally another long chapter for you guys! As I said before it's not going to be long when Flicker will come to an end, but maybe I might do a sequel. Don't forget to give your input at the end so I know whether I should start the sequel or not.

Song: NF - Mansion ft Fleurie