twenty-one

Caitlin woke up the next morning to find herself alone. She stared at the ceiling for a while, wondering what she was doing.

The answer should have been easy. She was cheating on her boyfriend with Justin Bieber, who she had lied to about no longer being in a relationship.

It wasn't that clear to her, though. She just didn't know what she was doing, or rather, why.

It was sunny outside, and it made Caitlin want to explore the dense woods that surrounded the cabin.

When she rolled onto her side, a piece of paper on the bed side table caught her eye.

"Hi babygirl. I'll be back tonight.

-J"

Caitlin laughed a bit at the note, just putting it back in it's place before pulling the covers up again and drifting back off to sleep.

---

When Justin left the small town that was about 15 miles away from the cabin it was raining. Pouring, actually. It had just gotten dark. The day had been pretty short for him because he hadn't actually woken up until just after noon.

He drove down the long stretches of road that led to the cabin again, barely hearing his phone ring over the loud music he was blasting.

Only, when he reached for his phone, he realized it wasn't his. It was Caitlin's. He started to drive with his knees as he pulled her phone into his hand. The screen was lit up with a picture of her kissing some guy. The contact name was "Babyboy" and it had a bunch of kissing emoji's next to it.

"What the fuck." He breathed, shaking his head. As if the contact name wasn't weird enough, what he heard when he picked up the call was.

"Hey baby. You get a break from all that work you're doing out there?" A low voice came from the other side. Justin slammed on the breaks of his car immediately, pulling it to the side of the road. Rain pounded down on the windshield.

"Excuse me?" He breathed, his jaw nearly on the floor.

"Oh shit." The voice sounded panicked.

"Who are you?" Justin gripped the wheel with one hand, his knuckles turning white. His entire body was frozen.

"Sorry sir, I'm Caitlin's boyfriend. I don't mean to be rude, but why are you answering her phone? Are you her boss?"

Justin could barely hear him. Boyfriend. Caitlin's boyfriend.

"Hello?" The voice called out through the phone.

"Yeah I'm her boss. I'll have her call you back." He quickly hung up the call, throwing the phone far into the back seat. He threw it with so much force he thought it would break the window when it hit the back windshield.

Every little conversation he'd had with Caitlin started to catch up to him.

From the first time he saw her in the hotel hallway, to the fights over the phone, to the words they shared in bed.

All of the hate, the passion, the bullshit. All of the stupid trust that he had for some reason thrown her way.

He should have known better. She was just like everyone else, using him because he was Justin Bieber.

He gripped the wheel tightly with both hands now. Every knuckle was bone white, but all he saw was red.

---

When he pushed open the door to the cabin it flew open with so much force that it hit the wall next to it with a bang.

Justin stepped inside, pulling the hood off of his head and shutting the door behind him. He was soaked from head to toe, and he wasted no time in prying the sticky wet hoodie off of his body. It landed on the ground in a gross wet heap.