[4]

A/N back for another chapter! Yes indeed. I love this story so much, as I had said in previous chapters. Anyways, not going to bore you with talking. Lucky I am doing this for you guys. I am staying up late- its already really late where I am. And  here I am writing this for you all.

Chapter 4

****

How's your day so far? 

I was in the library at school using a computer. There were about twenty or more computers lined up in a row, not to mention it was doubled on the other side.

Raging stepmom, work and cool kids who can't get over themselves. Ever feel like you don't belong? I messaged him.

Absolutely. I can be surrounded by a sea of people and still feel all alone. Then I think of you.

I smiled at the screen.

Hey, Nomad, do you think we've ever met?

I don't know. Our school has over 3500 kids.

Well that narrows it down!

We continued talking through text message, until I got home to go on my computer.

Well, at least I can eliminate the guys. You're not a guy, right? Because if you are, I'll kick your butt.

I had to laugh at that.

I am not a guy. Have you told your Dad about Princeton yet?

It took a while for him to respond, but once he did I sighed. 

If only I could. I haven't even told him I wanna be a writer. 

I felt sorry for him. 

My father always encouraged me to pursue my dreams. It was true, my dad did. I just wished he were here right now.

Not mine. He has another plan for my life.

I bit my lip, reminded me of Sue. It's 2 am. We've been at this for five hours. I only now realized the time, and its crazy to think time could go by so fast.

Well, I think we broke our record. 

I smiled at the screen, and then laughed a bit. I didn't want to be too loud, I didn't want to wake them up. We should turn in. I was getting tired. Sweet dreams.

Wait! He typed. I froze, and waited for him.

I can't sleep without knowing there's hope. Half the night I waste in sighs. In a wakeful doze I sorrow. For the hands, the lips, the eyes. For the meeting of tomorrow.

I remembered that from somewhere, then it hit me. I grinned. 

Quoting Tennyson. Impressive. 

Meet me at the homecoming dance. I'll wait for you at 11:00 in the middle of the dance floor.

I could only stare at the screen. The dance? 

Sweet dreams. 

I sighed.

****

Alice and I were sitting in the park, I needed to talk to someone about him. I didn't know what to do, and I had no one else to talk too. 

"You're finally gunna be able to meet him!" Alice all but squealed. I rolled my eyes, laying back down on the grass. "I don't know. Hes too good to be true," I muttered. Maybe it was all a joke?

"Come on. It's been, like, a month since you met him in that Princeton chat room, okay?" She sounded annoyed almost. "You talk to him all the time. You know him!" I sighed, she was right. 

"I know, but he doesn't know me," I explained. And once he finds out who I am, he's going to be running and not looking back. "What if I meet him and I'm not what he expects?"

"Maybe this whole relationship's just better for cyberspace," I added. 

Alice sat up, and pulled me with her. "Listen, okay? You have to go to that dance!" She demanded. "This Nomad guy isn't gonna be in one place for long, all right?" 

I stayed silent, thinking about it. It was a costume homecoming dance, which meant masks. "If it helps, I'll be your escort," She winked. I chuckled. "Really?" I challenged. 

She stood up now. "Yeah," 

I stood up with her. "Thank you, Ali," Before she could respond my phone started to go off, so I grabbed it. "Hello?" I said into the phone. "Bella?" It was Sue. "Some little brat got into my salmon and ate it all. I need more salmon. And pick up my dry cleaning. And wash the Jag," I hung up the phone, sighing. "Sue," I said to Alice.

She crossed her arms over her chest. "Why do you act like her slave?" She asked me. I kicked my feet. "Simple. No Sue, no money for Princeton," It was my dream, and I couldn't let it slip away from me that easy.

"That sucks," Alice finally said. I nodded my head. "Tell me about it," 

****

I picked up her dry cleaning, and now I was at the car wash. Like she requested- well demanded. I couldn't wait till I was out of there, and away from her. I wouldn't wait until I was at Princeton. 

"Well, you need a wax," I heard a voice say. I looked up, and saw Edward Cullen standing there, a notebook in his hand. I glared at him. "Excuse me?" He chuckled a little. "I meant the car," He explained. I felt like an idiot then. "Oh, fine," I said.

I heard car's beeping, so I looked over and saw Victoria and Leah standing there. They were wearing matching outfits, just different colors. "Edward!" Victoria called. "Hi," I rolled my eyes. Were they serious? "We need our car's washed," Victoria said.

Leah nodded her head. "Yeah, Look. Dirt!" She said, pointing to the hood. "One second, ladies. All right," Edward said. He finished writing me the ticket, and handed it to me. "Take this inside when you're done. Thank you very much," 

He walked away after that, to go and help someone else. "He's so cute!" Victoria squealed. "I know," Leah agreed, just as cheerful. I got out of the car, and walked towards them.

"So who'd you guys pay to make your cars so dirty?" I questioned. Just this morning they were both clean. There was no way the twins could make it dirty that fast! "Excuse me? Like, what are you, the dirt police?" Victoria sneered. "Yeah, the dirt police." Leah said.

I rolled my eyes, staring at them in disgust. "Like excuse me, miss, do you know how fast your dirt was going?" Leah started laughing really hard, until Victoria looked at her. "You should have stopped with the dirt police," She said annoyed. 

They both turned to me now, and stared at me with glares. "You should get going, because our mom's looking for you," Victoria said. I gulped. "Well, where is she?" I questioned.

"She's at home, baking." 

****