[5]

A/N: Here is chapter 5! Walla, told you I'd make twists to it. Well sort of, The sames are changed, and some genders, and the words and actions and such. But i'll make more twists along the way. Most of the words are the same though, because I wanted to follow the script a bit. Anyways, hope you like it! ^_^ Here is 5. 

Chapter 5

***

"You wanted to see me?" I called as I walked into the backyard. The tanning bed lifted up, and exposed a naked looking Sue. "Yes." She replied. I covered my eyes, looking away. "Oh my," I muttered, feeling sick all the sudden. 

"Did you finish your errands?" She said, covering herself with a towel. I sighed in relief at that, at least I didn't have to stare at her. "Because I need you to head to the diner and take the night shift," She finished. 

"Tonight's my night off and it's the Halloween dance at school, so-," She cut me off. "I know, but you need to stop being so self-centered and start thinknig of others," She said. "Others need you to go to the diner and mop the floors tonight,"

I felt like crying, but I would force myself not to. I wouldn't cry in front of her. "But I really need to go to this dance, Sue. I have to," I pleaded. It was my only chance to meet Nomad. I finally agreed on going, and now I can't even go.

"You need to earn your tuition money for college," She said. "You gotta bus a lot of tables," I started getting angry. "I'm a straight-A student. I work seven days a week and I'm taking extra AP classes," I explained to her. She couldn't just let me go to this one thing? "I never asked for you anything. Please let me go to the dance."

She didn't answer, just stared at me. "Sweetheart, now that your old enough...there's something I've always wanted to tell you, and I think you're ready to hear it," I stared at her, waiting for her to continue. "You're not very pretty, and you're not very bright." She said sweetly. 

I felt sick again, I felt like crying. "I'm so glad we had this talk," She smiled at me. The tears started filling in my eyes, and so I rushed away from her and into the house.

****

I was filling the napkin dispensers when Senna came up to me. "Bella, honey, I'm desperate. Can you cover the back booth?" I looked over, and noticed it was a group of popular kids. Tanya Denali and her clan were there, and Edward Cullen and his gang. I sighed, and turned back to Senna, but she was already gone.

I grabbed an empty sheet of paper, and started to walk to the table slowly. Could this get any worse? "I don't think I can eat anything here," I heard one of Tanya's minions pout. "I already ate," Another one said.

"Laxatives don't qualify as a food group!" Another said. "Surprised you didn't know that!" The one said back. Tanya looked annoyed. "Stop it!" She said, and everyone went quiet. I approached them, and everyone looked at me.

"Well if it isn't diner girl," Tyler said. I sighed. "What can I get you guys?" I asked them. Tanya looked at the menu before she looked at me. "What can I get that has no sugar, no carbs, and is fat-free?" She asked me. I could only stare at her, was she serious right now?

"Water," I replied dryly, but sarcastically. Everyone started chuckling. "Water?" Mike said, they all were staring at me. "Is that suppose to be a joke?" Kate glared. Edward was laughing. "It was funny," He admitted. 

"I'll have a Voss," Tanya finally said. "Excuse me?" I asked her. "It's water. From Norway," Kate answered. "She's the worst!" I heard someone mutter. That hurt. "Sorry, we only have water from the Valley," I told her.

She brushed her blonde hair behind her shoulder, her arms lingered on Edward's shoulder for a moment. "Oh, well, then I'll have an ice tea," She said. "Make that two. And I'm still waiting on that breakfast burrito, diner girl," Tyler said. I rolled my eyes annoyed, and turned to walk away. 

"See you!" Kate said. "Thank you," Another said. "She is so not getting a tip," Kate muttered. Just another thing I had to deal with tonight, great! 

I turned into the counter, still in ear sight of them. "Tanya, we really need to talk. Privately," I heard Edward say. I stared over there, and then looked away. It was none of my concern anyways. I started getting the drinks ready. 

"Anything you say to me, you can say in front of my peep," Tanya replied. I looked up to stare at him, and noticed Edward looking nervous. "Okay," He said. "I want to break up," I almost dropped the cup when I heard that. 

"What?"

"That was harsh,"

"Are you in love with somebody else?" 

Edward seem to smile slightly at that. "I think so," He muttered in a daze. 

"No way!" 

"What? Who bro?"

"I don't know," Edward replied. I stared at him. How does he not know who he might love?  "But we can still be-," He started to say but Tanya cut him off. "Don't say the word friends," She said. Everyone went quiet. "Fortunately for you, I'm gonna overlook this mental breakdown of yours," 

I rolled my eyes. Of course she wouldn't take the hint. I finished pouring the ice tea into the glasses, and was putting the lemon on the edge of the glass. "Look, just chill out. We're gonna go get ready for the dance, and I'll see you there." Her and her clowns started to leave. I rounded the corner, avoiding them, and started to drink out the drinks. 

Edward and his crew could drink them... "That went well bro," Tyler said, hitting his back. "No, she took it well good looking out," I noticed they were walking towards me. "Later, diner girl," They said. I stopped walking once I got to the table.

He was putting on his jacket, and he noticed me. He took out money and handed it to me. "Oh, don't worry about it," I muttered annoyed. I walked back to the counter, and put the drinks down. Just as Edward walked out the door, I noticed Alice walking in. 

"Have no fear, Alice is here!" She called as she walked into the room. She was wearing a fairy costume. She had a leaf like dress on, and she wore green flats. She looked so cute, I was in awe. "Look who has the key's to her dad's Mercedes!" She squealed, and then she took note of my outfit. 

"You're dressed as a bus girl?" She questioned. I sighed, and moved around the counter. "Alice, I'm not going," I told her. She moved closer to me. "What do you mean, you're not going?" She demanded, she was about to go behind the counter when Senna stepped in front. "Okay, sorry. Sorry!" She said, before turning back to me. "What about cyberdude?" 

"Cyberdude? That the boy that's sending you love notes?" Zafrina asked as she came closer. I sighed. "They're not love notes. They're emails," I corrected.

"If the man is taking his time to write down his feelings for you, it's a love note," Zafrina said. "You've got a secret admirer," She smiled at me. "And he wants to meet her tonight at the dance," Alice finished. I mentally wanted to slap her. Why did she have to say that? 

"What are you still doing here?" Zafrina demanded. I sighed, cleaning up a spill with a towel. "I'm obeying orders," 

"Bella, this is your true love," 

I put the towel in the sink. "Well true love is gonna have to wait," I started cleaning up around the counter's, making it look tidy. "Oh girl, please, save all that drama for the soap operas. You are going to that dance!" Zafrina said. 

"I can't go. Sue would kill me and then bring me back to cleaning up the mess," Zafrina stepped closer to me. "She's gonna have to go through me to hurt you." I sighed. "Bella, your dad did not leave this earth wanting you to be unhappy," Zafrina explained. I stared at her, and I suddenly wanted to cry.

"It's time for you to find your own bliss, starting with this dance,"

*****