Chapter 11

The weeks had passed and still no lead on scar. Alison and the brothers had become restless and antsy. As passionate as they were about solving this, the wait was agonizing.

Edwards wounds from the fire had almost completely healed, and he was ever so ready to get back into action.

No one knew who had caused the fire, nor did anyone have suspects. But they all knew that it couldn't have been an accident.

However, that was almost 5 days ago. And if scar did commit that arson as some type of warning, then he would've come after them by now.

Edward was switching positions on the couch every 5 minutes. He was becoming extremely fidgety and annoying.

Alison had tried to go through criminal files, but nothing had come up. No ties, no leads.... Nothing...

She was starting to think that her theory was completely wrong, and that she had sent them all out here for nothing.

She leaned back in her chair and put her head in her hands. The dark circles under her eyes had become extremely apparent, and every so often her eye lids would droop.

Al and Ed had noticed this for some time, but every time they had asked her to get some sleep, she refused. Eventually, they just let her be.

Ed had appeared behind her and was reading over her shoulder. He grabbed one of the files and read it front and back.

"Dr.Marcoh? Was an alchemist/scientist in the Ishvalan war. Location is unknown, status is unknown. The last time he was even seen was 5 years ago.... Hmm, looks like this doctor has something to hide. I think we should check it out."

"How? No one knows where he is or if hes even still alive. He could be dead for all we know." Alison said.

"I heard a few people on the street talking about some 'magic doctor' in a village on the outskirts of the city. If he was involved in Ishval, then he's obviously got a few tricks up his sleeve."

"But brother, even if we were to find him. What purpose would we have with him?"

"C'mon Al, use your head. If he's an alchemist then he's bound to know something about the philosopher stone. We could get out bodies back."

The boys faces brightened and a new hope was risen. As much as Alison was uneasy about this, she didn't want to pass up a chance like this for them.

"Ugh... Mustang isn't going to be happy about this...."

"Who says that he has to find out..." Ed said cockily.

"....Fine, I'll tag along. But I swear if you get me in any trouble.."

"Relax, I'm gonna be the one that he chews out. Besides, he's got a soft spot for you anyways."

"Ha! More like he'll kick my ass more."

"Look princess, are you in or not?"

Alison sighed,"Fine, I'm in."