My new neighbour

It's the same old boring weekend. I am having breakfast with my mom and dad when I come to know that we got some new neighbours.Though I haven't bothered to check out who they are and where they're from but it doesn't even matter.

"I think we should check on them and help them out! What do you say Gem?",mom smiles at me.

"Mom.... I'm not feeling like meeting any new people...I just wanna stay at home and watch TV." She sighs.

"Alright then I will go with your dad and then we're gonna go out.Take care of yourself ok baby?" I nod and she kisses my forehead and they walk out closing the door behind.

Suddenly I realise that I'm alone at home.I do my victory dance and jump on the couch switching on the tv. A few minutes pass by and suddenly the door bell rings making me jump.

I lazily get up from the couch and open the door.To my surprise a really cute guy, almost of my age is standing right in front of me.I grin widely at the back of my head.

"Hey...I'm not sure if you know this but...I'm your new neighbour..." He scratches the back of his head.

"Oh hi! Come in."

"Yeah thanks." He walks in and sits on the single couch and I sit accross from him and on the other single couch.

Suddenly I'm aware of what I'm wearing...Ugh! I'm wearing my shorts and tank top and my hair are open surely making me look like one of the zombies from The Walking Dead.

"Do you want some coffee?"I ask him.

"Nope I just need a bit of your help..." He smiles.

"Ok so how can I help you?"

"I'm new here.I have shifted just yesterday and I don't know this place around...So will you help me?",he looks at me with hope.

"Yeah sure! I'll just change and come.Till then you can watch some TV if you want to." I tell him and walk upstairs to my room.I can feel him staring at me from behind.

I change into my black jeans and a white crop top and apply some make up.As I walk downstairs, I realise that he's not sitting on the couch.Instead he's looking at my photos on the walls.

I start walking towards him and stop right bedside him making him jump.

"Woah...you scared me." And I start laughing.He too joins in.

"So? Let's go then."

"Yeah...You look really beautiful- wait I don't even know your name! Haha I'm sorry I think I forgot to introduce myself too!"

"Oh yeah!! Hehe..I'm Gemma.I'm 17 and I love music!Nice to meet you cutie."I wink at the end and he chuckles.

"I'm Shawn.I'm 18 and I love music too! Nice to meet you too sweet heart."he winks and it's my turn to chuckle now.

We walk out of the house and roam around the place.I show him a few places. Some grocery shops, bars and clubs and also some good restaurants where he might get some nice food. In the end I take him to a park. It's a small park and no one usually comes here in the evening.

We sit on the grass beside the lake near the park.Shawn is a really nice guy. In these few hours we've become really good friends.He's fun and humorous.And I hope he stays here for a long time.'Cause I don't really have many friends.

"Today was awesome, wasn't it? " He breaks the silence.

"Yeah...it was really good to know you.."I smile at him and he smiles back.

"I'm so relieved that I already found a good friend here...", he smiles and I just wanna pull his cheeks but stop myself...

"I think we should get going. It's getting late..."