Treat You Better

Note: This is a Shawn Mendes short story...Hope you enjoy reading it!

Tris's POV

I am just fed up of this. I don't want to be with him anymore. He abuses me every single day. I can't take this anymore.

I walk to the kitchen and take the sharpest knife from the counter. I am just about to slice my wrist when someone barges in and snatches it away from me.Shawn...oh no...

"What the hell were you trying to do?!" His eyes widen at my appearance and I just back off a little.

"Shawn please just let me do it.I don't want this anymore.I don't want to suffer just let me die.I can't do this anymore..."tears spring to my eyes and Shawn swiftly takes me into his arms,the only place where I feel protected and safe.

Flashback

It's a usual day and I am doing the laundry when I hear the bell ring.I swiftly walk towards the door and open it.

Chandler is here..time to go to hell...I can smell the strong scent of alcohol all over him and I know it very well that he's been drinking for more than a few hours.

"A-are you okay?" I try to hold him but he slaps my hand away.

"I don't need your bloody help. Gimme some food you bitch! Or I'll hit you like last time." My eyes widen as he mentions that and I quickly make my way to the kitchen.

I make some pancakes and rush out of the kitchen and serve them before he gets the chance to shout at me or hit me again..

"You know some cooking bitch! Now go do your fucking work and let me eat. Don't stare at me like a hungry dog!!"

After completing the laundry I peek into the living room to see if Chandler's still awake. I sigh when I see that he's peacefully sleeping on the couch snoring loudly with his mouth open.

I check the bills and letters for the day and my eye catches a blue envelope. I open it to find one pass to an award show and an ID card.While reading the letter,I can't help but smile. I finally got selected as a dancer for the award show this year. And I have no intentions to lose this opportunity.I check the timings for the rehearsals.

Oh no.They're about to start in an hour. I once again check on Chandler...he's sleeping and I'm damn sure he's not going to wake up till tomorrow morning.

I quickly make my way to my room and wear a peach one piece with my matching ballet shoes. After leaving my long brunette hair untied and brushing them a bit, I apply a small amount of makeup on my face and on my hands to hide the scars.

***

The studio is nearby so I decide to walk.I reach the place about half an hour early. I enter the lobby and before I can interpret anything,someone bumps right into me making both of us fall to the ground.

On looking up my eyes meet a pair of light brown eyes and my heart skips a beat when I realise who it is. I can't help but keep staring at my only idol and celebrity crush...Shawn Mendes.

Someone in the room coughs and Shawn swiftly gets up stretching out a hand to help me do the same. I shiver at his touch. I still can't believe I'm standing right in front of my idol. I try to brush off the dust and straighten my dress.

"Hey...are you okay?" He bends down to look into my eyes as I'm shorter than him.

"Y-yes I-I'm ok." I stammer as I feel nervous and excited at the same time.