Chapter Six

Cass had slowly recovered from the attack, although she never reported it or told anyone other than the boys. She had also stayed away from the two boys who had always been so close to her, hoping it would lessen the heat from the sasaengs.

She'd allowed her mother to look after her but she had continued to live with Ten and his family as she worried that her mother would walk out again. They'd repaired parts of their relationship but her mother knew that it wouldn't be that easy to gain Cass's trust again after all these years.

After advice from the other boys, the CEO and the sunbaes, Taeyong and Cass had put a hold on their relationship until they knew that the fans would accept it. They'd spent a final day together just hugging and watching dramas, like they'd always wanted to.

When the heat had gone, Cass was able to spend time with all of the boys again. She'd play with Jaehyun and Mark on the courts and sing with Doyoung and Taeil practicing new skills. She particularly enjoyed dancing with Ten, Taeyong and Yuta as it was the only time she could be with Taeyong and not worry about it being awkward. She'd spent a lot of time at SM and even been noticed and spent time with some of the sunbaes and other trainees.

After a while the NCT boys had a trip abroad. She knew she'd miss them but they'd be back soon. She gave each a hug, holding Taeyong a slightly shorter time and Ten slightly longer than the others. She waved them goodbye from in front of the SM building.

When they were out of sight, she pulled the folded letter from her pocket, unfolding it.

Dear Ms. Kang

We would like to congratulate you on a successful audition. You are now an SM Entertainment trainee...