3 | Urge

Urge
a strong desire or impulse.

synonyms: desirewishneedimpulse, compulsionlonging, yearninghankeringcraving, appetitehungerthirstlust, fancyinformal; yenitch

"I also have this urge to travel"

Jungkook

"I like to play many things..."

The words ring in my ears like the aftershock of a bomb shell, plummeting down onto the earth and shattering everything around me. My mind turns into a swirl of nothingness; no longer able to function.

"U-umm..." I stutter. It is all I can say without making things worst.
I feel his hot breath against my ear go cold as he moves away, hand on my chin leaving its firm hold. I gulp, staring at him with large eyes.

I notice his hand is wrapped around his other wrist, almost like he's restraining himself from moving. However, his eyes never leave mine.

"Boys! Dinner's ready!"

Thank fiddly fuck.

I immediately bolt upright from my sitting position. I feel his stare burning behind my head as I make my way out of the bedroom. I hear his footsteps behind as I trot down the stairs, quicker than I usually would.

I quickly enter the kitchen and sit down at the table. Taehyung chooses the chair next to me, Juwon and Soojin opposite. A steamy bowl of bibimbap is set on each mat, aroma filling the room.

I grab my chopsticks and smile at my mother, saying a quick "thank you for the meal". I immediately tuck into the food, ignoring the obvious glances from the elder male to my left.

"Thank you Soojin, it looks delicious!" Taehyung praises before having his first bite. A large smile finds its way on my mother's mouth as she nods, the bun in her hair bouncing slightly. It's only now that I notice a few grey hairs snake in and out of her chocolate locks.

The food tastes just as good as it looks. The familiarity of the ingredients makes me feel warm inside, filling a small hole in my heart. Clearly I'm not the only one immersed in the food. I look over at Taehyung's bowl, only to see all of the food wiped clean from the sides.

"Goodness, Tae! That was fast" Juwon chuckles. Now that I've heard Taehyung speak, I realise that they both have the same deepness to their voice. However, Juwon's is more sharp compared to his son's soft and soothing tone.

"I was hungry~" Taehyung cooes, leaning his elbow on the table and squishing his cheek into his hand. I can't help but grin at his cute expression. His eyes flick to my direction and he smiles back, cheeks squished. I fight back the urge to put out my hand and pinch them.

How can someone have two completely different sides? First he's all intimidating and seductive, now he's being adorable!

As we both stare at each other, both smiling, he leans over and ruffles my hair, giggling. I can't help but laugh and let my hair become a mess of strands. I wiggle my head around so that it bounces strangely, causing Taehyung to burst out laughing. So much so that he clutches his stomach and tears begin to form in his eyes.

"You two seem to be getting along well" My mum points out.  She almost makes me jump out my seat with shock. I nearly forgot the two adults were even in the room; it felt like it was just us.

I hum in response now that I've composed myself. I flatten my hair back to how it should be before finishing the last bits of my food. I set my chopsticks on top of the bowl and lean back, stretching.