Second Attempt

Oh whoever heard his prayers have mercy on his pathetic soul.

His knees buckled in absolute fright while trying to catch his breathing by how many people were scattering all over the area. Hah, he tried to chuckle but it sounded like a dying wheeze of air while trying to avoid physical contact with the locals.

Oh why did he agreed?

Oh wait.

Now he remembered,

Dang it,

Just--oh why?

He felt a soft nudge near his knees and looked down to his only, apparently, trusted companion. Her bright blue and brown eyes staring at her friend with an intrigued look, her tongue darting out every few seconds or so while purring for her friend's attention.

She deeply loved the way Atsushi held her in his arms,

Or it was just a feline thing?

Tsukki is a japanese bobtail that he had found over two years ago when she was just about 4 months old kitten with beautiful unstained snow-like fur, mesmerizing heterochromatic eyes and the cutest little bunny tail he had ever saw. How could he say no to the way Tsukki had made him feel?

He felt safe around her, so safe and secured when he was with her. He find her company more comforting that any human being there was in the area.

Afterall, Tsukki also felt how it was to be abandoned.

Atsushi lifted the cat with ease though she was quite large for any common japanese bobtail. She was about twice as large as the regular breed but beautiful nevertheless.

With her nuzzling her head to his neck, the young man breathed a relief sigh. He can do it.

He can't do it.

He barely survived the front area of the school now he's avoiding the young students like they were vicious monsters, dodging the teachers and parents like they were policemen who were hunting him down for a murder case.

He shivered in fear; he was almost there, just a bit more. He turned a sharp left and almost threw Tsukki to the nearest window when he almost collided his body with a young girl. She was about the same height as Q or shorter, her black eyes staring at him emotionlessly and her pigtails swaying a little with each movement she made.

She was adorable in his opinion but strangely terrifying for some reason. He felt he couldn't breathe as he hastily apologized and left the girl in the middle of the hallway.

The girl looked back to the retreating figure of the grey-haired man. She tilted her head; what a strange man.

Breathe in, breathe out.

Repeat.

Now he felt calmer, his heart now returning to its usual rapping while his eyes now regained focus. He wasn't sure he could survive the whole day in this pace, he wanted to go home, he wanted to hide the blankets that kept him away from reality.

He just wanted to free.

Why can't he be free?

He felt Tsukki licking his forearm as he turned her to face him. The cat bobbed her head to side, signaling him that it was this way.

His chapped lips turned into a scared smile, alright. He can do it, he knows he can do it.

"What took you so long?" Q whined while crossing his arms over his chest and giving him a disapproving glare. Atsushi chuckled sheepishly before moving a step back when he noticed that they were not alone.