Third Attempt

He woke in a shock.

His eyes widen as he felt the non-existent adrenaline kicking in to his system. He frantically touched his body til realization hit him.

He wasn't injured.

Meaning---

He wasn't dead.

Dammit. He cursed in his mind as his eyebrows furrowed in anger before hearing someone sleeping next to him.

He tilted his head to see another bed next to his. The occupied bed had someone roughly younger-looking than him, with greyish silver hair and horrible taste in fashion.

He hummed a bit before taking the blackets off of him and noticing that one of his ankles was handcuffed to the foot of the bed. Ah yes, he thought indifferently.

He knew this was going to happen.

He looked around and spotted his brown coat on a chair next to him. He quietly reached for it before grabbing.

He scavenged through his pockets before finding the tools he needed to unlock the handcuff and scooted gently to the foot of the bed. After the first attempt, he heard a soft click and the claws of it opened, making him smile triumphantly.

Not this time, oh no.

"ATSUSHI!" He woke with a scream. His arms were flailing before unconsciously going into a protective state as he tightly shut his eyes from whatever would have hurt him.

He didn't mean it.

He didn't mean it.

He didn'--- "meow?"

Tsukki?

He slowly opened one of his eyes as his attention had now focused to his beloved companion. He felt tears brimming to his eyes before embracing her into a hug.

It's fine. I'm fine. We're fine. He repeated in his mind as the warmth of the feline engulfed his cold body.

They're not here. They can't hurt you.

"Moew." Tsukki purred, reassuring her friend that everything was alright. Her paws tenderly clawing his forearm, a habit she does to signal him that she was here and she was not going anywhere.

He felt somewhat reassured before his head snapped by the sound of his name. The little boy was standing at the foot of the bed.

He didn't look worried but somewhat pitied the man. He must have been scared for doing something so reckless as throwing himself to save an idiotic, deranged, lunatic sibling of his.

He sighed. At least they were alive.

"How are you feeling?" Q asked as he sat on the bed, a good distance away from Atsushi.

The older man shivered a little before hugging the cat tightly once more. "Where are we?" He asked in reply.

"We're in a clinic."

He somewhat let go the air that he had held in. He was not in a hospital, that was good, that was fine, as long as it was not in a hospital.

Anything but places with lots of people.

He felt relief flowed through his body by those simple words. It was okay.

He was okay.

"You fainted right after saving my brother." Q added as he stared at him.

Excuse me.

He---what?

"What?" He voiced out his ringing thought in his mind. He would never do that, no, no, no, no, NO he was not the type of person to go that far for another.