Laxmila Swayamvar drabble

Urmila didn't know why her heart was beating fast. It should actually happen to Sita didi and not her. She only had to accompany her didi who was now standing beside her as the blushing bride waiting to be called to the swayamvar hall so that she can put the varmala on her beloved, prince of Ayodhya Ram. Mandavi and Sruthakirti were adjusting Sita's pallu, while their mother was once again looking at her daughter, checking everything about her was perfect, her necklaces, bangles, natt, earrings, pleats of her ghagra. But why is she feeling so numb. Why is she feeling she cannot move. Urmila looked down.

In the swayamvar hall Ram stood at the centre taking the blessing of Raja Janak, Vishwamitra and other elders. Lakshman was standing beside his brother. For once his bade bhaiyya eyes were twinking which was actually his trademark and his usual serene smile hided a blush that was appearing. His bhabi will be coming now. Bhaiyya and Bhabi. Lakshman felt so joyful.

 But a thought nagged him. Is his anticipation really for his bhabi to come down or was he waiting for someone else. Was his eyes searching for that prankster who spoke on Sita Bhabi's behalf with Bhaiyya in the garden. Bhabi's parchai as she called herself.As his thoughts wandered he heard sage Vishwamitra asking King Janak to call his daughter. 

As the message reached upstairs Sunaina told " Urmila you walk by Sita's side. Mandavi and Sruthakirti both of you walk behind her. Dasis please put the flowers in princess path. Sita slowly got up. Her cheeks were blushing red and she tried to suppress the smile that was coming up again and again. 

As she walked beside Sita she found herself blushing. Will he be standing beside his brother. If yes how will she stand there. Even in garden she could easily speak to her jiju, but it was impossible to look into that twinkling eyes that stood beside jiju. No wonder she was going numb as it felt each step heavy. They reached where Ram was standing. Sita looked up. Ram bowed down. As Sita garlanded Ram, sage Vishwamitra and Raja Janak looked at Lakshman whose eyes were fixed on the one standing beside his bhabi, and she was looking down trying hard to suppress the smile and blush that was appearing. Vishwamitra smiled at Janak and Janak smiled back understanding the implication.