2

As soon as we get back to base, Haku removes the needles from dad's neck. I head to the kitchen to cook something for us to eat. And since I can't actually cook, I just grabbed some cup ramen and the kettle to heat the water.

The rest of the week went by quickly, dad woke up, Gato "visited" and started talking bad about dad that got both me and Haku mad, then he tried to get me to... *shiver*..., which ended with dad threatening him. And here we are.

Haku has run out of herbs, and we must go and get more. From the woods.

As we walk, I see a dead body laying on the ground, birds picking at him.

I tug on Haku's sleeve. "I know. I see him, and he's not dead, just sleeping." He says quietly, knowing what I'm about to say. He's so awesome that way.

Oh, that rhymed. I think?

We walk toward the sleeping boy.

Oh! I remember him! He's part of that team of ninjas here to protect the bridge builder!

"What do we do?" I ask quietly.

Haku hesitates before crouching down and shaking the sleeping boy awake.

"Wake up. You'll catch a cold, sleeping out here." He says.

I watch the boy cautiously as his blue eyes flutter open. He looks at us and blushes quietly.

We talk for a while as we pick the herbs.

"I think we have all we need." Haku says, standing up to leave.

"Okay." I stand too. "Bye then!" I shout, waving at Naruto.

Haku suddenly stops walking and I walk into his back.

"Oh, and by the way, I'm a boy." Is all he says before continuing. I look back to see Naruto in a state of shock and giggle. I couldn't blame him, Haku's prettier than me and I'm a real girl.

"Ne, ne.. Why are you prettier than me..?" I whine.

He chuckles quietly as we pass by a dark haired boy walking in the other direction.