4

Third Person POV

Crazed laughter could be heard in the thick mist rolling over the bridge.

"I see you came." The voice says, "and that one is still trembling. Pathetic."

"I'm trembling... with excitement." Sasuke says.

Zabuza's water clones appear out of the mist, surrounding the group.

"Do it, Sasuke." Kakashi says.

Within moments, Zabuza's clones had all turned to puddles of water.

"He's quick. It looks like you have a rival, Haku." Zabuza says as Haku steps up beside him.

"So it seems.." He replies.

"When will I get a rival, Zabuza-sama?" Aru asks, stepping into view behind Sakura.

"With time, Aru." Zabuza laughs.

Haku and Sasuke start battling, throwing kunai and senbon.

--TIMESKIP cause this is taking too long--

Throughout the fight, Aru stands off to the side, watching silently . Until Kakashi decided to end it. He summons his ninja hounds and they hold Zabuza down. He then charges up his chidori and aims it at Zabuza's heart. Haku uses his ice mirrors to put himself between the two, but a smaller teenage girl jumps in the way just as Kakashi throws his hand forward.

Blood splatters on the two behind the short girl who let's out a pained chuckle.

"I'm finally useful in this fight... Haku....Fa..ther..." She says before collapsing to the ground, blood spilling everywhere. Before she hits the ground, though, Haku catches her and jumps away just as Zabuza swings his big sword at Kakashi, who jumps back.

"Hold on, Aru.." Haku mumbles, pulling out a couple of needles and inserting them in the appropriate places to stop the bleeding and redirect her chakra so she can heal faster. He does his best to keep her heart pumping as he performs emergency surgery on the spot.

"You're lucky to be so short.. that attack went just over your heart..." He mumbles again. It was at that moment that Gato shows up. As he speaks, he inches closer to the concentrated boy and unconscious girl.

Gato kicks Haku in his chest, sending him backward, and because he was trying to stitch up Aru's wounds, the threaded needle still in his hand, the pulled thread tears her open again, sending another wave of blood over those surrounding.

"Hey! What are you-- why did you do that!?" Naruto practically screams.

"Why? Because he almost broke my arm!" Gato laughs. Haku throws senbon at him, hitting his unbandaged arm, making it go limp.

Now with two useless arms, he waddles back to his thugs.

"How dare you! You'll die for that!" He shouts.

"What are you standing around for?! Aren't you going to help them?! You mean so much to them, and you're not going to do anything!?!" Naruto yells at Zabuza as Haku goes to Aru, again stopping the bleeding as best he can.

"Kid, toss me your kunai." Zabuza commands, tears pouring from his eyes. Naruto looks to the blade in his hand and slowly tosses it in the air to Zabuza, who catches it in his teeth and charges at the coward hiding behind his army of thugs.

====

So I heard that Zabuza is the same age as Kakashi (26), but he doesn't look at all different from how he did ten years ago, so in this story, he'll be ten years older, making him 36.